Re: some pictures from Big Sur trip

  • davisboy1980
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 7, 2005
      Great report!!!Thanks Li!!

      BTW,why are the so many smiles at the end of last several paragraphs?:-)

      --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, "eyesofhorus2003"

    • forerunneray
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 8, 2005
        HI Li,
        Thank you so much for your Big Bur Trip, also Thanks these pics!
        Ray

        --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, "davisboy1980"

      • eyesofhorus2003
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 8, 2005
          Ray,

          No prob. You are welcome to join us next time :)

          And hope you can get fully recovered soon.

          Thanks,

          Li

          --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, "forerunneray"
          <forerunneray@y...> wrote:
          > HI Li,
          > Thank you so much for your Big Bur Trip, also Thanks these pics!
          > Ray

        • j546271
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 8, 2005
            Li,

            Those are wonderful pictures!

            a few more pictures can be found at:
            http://jjshen.com/bigsur07Aug2005

            thanks,
            --JJ

            <eyesofhorus2003@y...> wrote:
            > Big Sur Trip Report
            >
            > I guess it is usefull to post some of my impressions and pit-falls
            > we've learned through this trip:
            >
            > 1) Our first stop: Carmel-River State beach is not at good as we
            > expected. If you are into more traditional white-sand carmel beach,
            > I'd recommend you check out the Carmel-by-the-Sea beach in downtown
            > Carmel (Ocean Ave. Exit on Rt. 1)
            >
            > 2) It is almost staying clouding, foggy and cold through out the
            whole
            > morning and early afternoon in the north Big Sur coastlines, if you
            > are visiting there during this time of year, please be prepared for
            > the cold
            >
            > 3) Pt. Lobos is a very great place to visit. If you cannot find a
            > parking entrance to the park. You can park your car along Hwy 1.
            and
            > walk into the park and walk along many of its amazingly beautiful
            > coastal trails
            >
            > 4) Pfeiffer State Park is an okay place to visit, the waterfalls
            are
            > cool and the short and modest hiking trails are well shaded and
            good
            > to see some redwood forrests.
            >
            > 5) The Pfeiffer State Beach is best viewed during the minutes (1
            hour
            > to 30 minutes) before sunset. The changing colors of the rocks and
            > sand dunes are quite a feast of symphony of colors and lights.
            >
            > 6) There are also many vista points between Carmel and Pfeiffer Big
            > Sur State park along Hwy 1, if you have time, take your time to
            drive
            > slowly on Hwy1, and stop at any places you see beautiful views
            Smile

            > 7) It is a LONG drive from bay area. Bring enough snacks and energy
            > food during the trip. You don't want to feel quite hungry and in a
            > rush for food while tring to enjoy the stunning and beautiful ocean
            > views Smile
            >
            > Many thanks to all our drivers, for their dedication to make our
            > carpool plan works and make this trip worth while and memorable.
            > Also many thanks to Weilin for her valuable information Smile
            >
            > And also thanks to every one of you, for your participantion so
            that
            > we can share such great pleasure and fun together Smile
            >
            > Thank you all and looking forward to seeing you in our future
            events!

            > Cheers,
            >
            > Li
            > --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, "eyesofhorus2003"