Cherry picking trip this saturday 6/4

  • eyesofhorus2003
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      We are planning to have a cherry picking trip to Wolfe Ranch at
      Brentwood, CA this coming saturday 6/4. For details about this trip,
      please check:
      http://www.bayareadragon.com/bbs/group_viewtopic.php?t=1692

      A sign up sheet has been created in the database, please sign up in
      the database area. Also, please do not sign up on both the
      bayareadragon.com and the database area so we can arrange carpool
      correctly.

      Thanks and wish we will have fun during the trip,

      Best regards,

      Li

      PS: The cherry picking trip will be automatically cancelled if the
      weather is too bad (i.e. showers/thunderstorms, etc.)
    • eiloseiliu
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hi Li,

        I just checked the Wolfe Ranch website but it says 'We are sorry to
        announce that our cherry season is over for 2005.' If it's true, can
        we still pick cherry there?
        Besides, it seems the ranch is pretty close to Yosemite. After the
        cherry picking, how about we have a short trip there?

        Ying

        --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, "eyesofhorus2003"

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
          ft...When I checked with their web site last night, it still says
          U-pick cherries are available. Will call them to find out the exact
          detail of availability :(

          Also check two other ranches:
          ==============================
          Sharp Ranch U-Pick Cherries
          http://www.sharpranch.com/
          (925) 513-1517

          pomeroy farm
          http://www.pomeroyfarm.com/
          ==============================

          seems both of them are CLOSED for cherry picking :(

          Yosemite is about 4 hour drive one way from east bay. I would not
          advise driving there this time.

          Any other ideas for this weekend's events in case the ranch is not
          available for cherry picking?

          Thanks,

          Li

          --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, "eiloseiliu"
          <eiloseiliu@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Li,
          >
          > I just checked the Wolfe Ranch website but it says 'We are sorry to
          > announce that our cherry season is over for 2005.' If it's true, can
          > we still pick cherry there?
          > Besides, it seems the ranch is pretty close to Yosemite. After the
          > cherry picking, how about we have a short trip there?
          >

          > Ying

        • eyesofhorus2003
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
            seems some other ranches are still open for u-pick cherries :)

            We will go to Brentwood anyway. Please check the updates on:
            http://www.bayareadragon.com/bbs/group_viewtopic.php?t=1692

            Thank you,

            Li

            --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, "eyesofhorus2003"

          • Benny Von
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
              Hi Li,

              I'm interested in the cherry pickup activity. Unfortunately I can't
              login the website, i don't know my userID and password, the only thing
              I know is my email address vonbenny@..., is there any way you
              can help me to login, or would you please tell me the userid and
              password?

              Thanks.

              Benny

              On 5/31/05, eyesofhorus2003 <eyesofhorus2003@...> wrote:
              > Hi everyone,
              >
              > We are planning to have a cherry picking trip to Wolfe Ranch at
              > Brentwood, CA this coming saturday 6/4. For details about this trip,
              > please check:
              > http://www.bayareadragon.com/bbs/group_viewtopic.php?t=1692
              >
              > A sign up sheet has been created in the database, please sign up in
              > the database area. Also, please do not sign up on both the
              > bayareadragon.com and the database area so we can arrange carpool
              > correctly.
              >
              > Thanks and wish we will have fun during the trip,
              >
              > Best regards,
              >
              > Li
              >
              > PS: The cherry picking trip will be automatically cancelled if the
              > weather is too bad (i.e. showers/thunderstorms, etc.)

              > Disclaimer: The bay area fun club, its members, and event leaders take no
              > responsibility and will not be held responsible for any injuries or
              > accidents that may occur during the posted events. Some events are
              > inherently dangerous and accidents will happen. By joining the club or
              > participating in any events posted on the bay_area_fun_club yahoo group web
              > site you are taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being. It is
              > your responsibility to determine if the event organizer has the experience
              > and competence to lead the event. The bay area fun club does not certify or
              > confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or participate in
              > events

            • eyesofhorus2003
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
                Hi Benny,

                Thanks for your interestes in the cherry/fruit picking events :)

                Please check out the following link for carpool arrangement
                http://www.bayareadragon.com/bbs/event_viewtopic.php?t=1692&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=53

                If you can tell me where your location is, i can forward your gmail
                address to the carpool drivers in your area. Or I can help you post a
                message in the bayareadragon web site and asking for carpool info.

                Please let me know which way you prefer.

                Thanks and see you on saturday,

                Li

                --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, Benny Von <vonbenny@g...> wrote:
                > Hi Li,
                >
                > I'm interested in the cherry pickup activity. Unfortunately I can't
                > login the website, i don't know my userID and password, the only thing
                > I know is my email address vonbenny@g..., is there any way you
                > can help me to login, or would you please tell me the userid and
                > password?
                >
                > Thanks.
                >
                > Benny
              • James
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 3, 2005
                  Benny,

                  You can register an account in one minute at
                  http://www.bayareadragon.com/bbs/profile.php?mode=register.

                  Great thanks to Li for organizing such a wonderful event. It looks
                  this gonna be a "Crowded" cherry picking. Hope there are enough
                  cherries for everyone :-)

                  -- James

                  wrote:
                  > Hi Li,
                  >
                  > I'm interested in the cherry pickup activity. Unfortunately I can't
                  > login the website, i don't know my userID and password, the only
                  thing
                  > I know is my email address vonbenny@g..., is there any way you
                  > can help me to login, or would you please tell me the userid and
                  > password?
                  >
                  > Thanks.
                  >
                  > Benny
                  >
                  > On 5/31/05, eyesofhorus2003 <eyesofhorus2003@y...> wrote:
                  > > Hi everyone,
                  > >
                  > > We are planning to have a cherry picking trip to Wolfe Ranch at
                  > > Brentwood, CA this coming saturday 6/4. For details about this
                  trip,
                  > > please check:
                  > > http://www.bayareadragon.com/bbs/group_viewtopic.php?t=1692
                  > >
                  > > A sign up sheet has been created in the database, please sign up
                  in
                  > > the database area. Also, please do not sign up on both the
                  > > bayareadragon.com and the database area so we can arrange carpool
                  > > correctly.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks and wish we will have fun during the trip,
                  > >
                  > > Best regards,
                  > >
                  > > Li
                  > >
                  > > PS: The cherry picking trip will be automatically cancelled if the
                  > > weather is too bad (i.e. showers/thunderstorms, etc.)

                  ---------
                  > > Disclaimer: The bay area fun club, its members, and event leaders
                  take no
                  > > responsibility and will not be held responsible for any injuries
                  or
                  > > accidents that may occur during the posted events. Some events are
                  > > inherently dangerous and accidents will happen. By joining the
                  club or
                  > > participating in any events posted on the bay_area_fun_club yahoo
                  group web
                  > > site you are taking responsibility for your own safety and well-
                  being. It is
                  > > your responsibility to determine if the event organizer has the
                  experience
                  > > and competence to lead the event. The bay area fun club does not
                  certify or
                  > > confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or
                  participate in
                  > > events

                  Service.
                • eyesofhorus2003
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 3, 2005
                    Yah, 40+ people signed up for the trip...guess the cherries will be
                    devoured by our bay area cherry picking gang...hehe :D

                    Will you join us?

                    Li

                    --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, "James" <ru916b@y...> wrote:
                    > Benny,
                    >
                    > You can register an account in one minute at
                    > http://www.bayareadragon.com/bbs/profile.php?mode=register.
                    >
                    > Great thanks to Li for organizing such a wonderful event. It looks
                    > this gonna be a "Crowded" cherry picking. Hope there are enough
                    > cherries for everyone :-)
                    >
                    > -- James

                  • Kelvin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 3, 2005
                      I want to join. Is it too late? Where is it? How much per person?

                      <eyesofhorus2003@y...> wrote:
                      > Yah, 40+ people signed up for the trip...guess the cherries will be
                      > devoured by our bay area cherry picking gang...hehe :D
                      >
                      > Will you join us?
                      >
                      > Li
                      >
                      > --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, "James" <ru916b@y...> wrote:
                      > > Benny,
                      > >
                      > > You can register an account in one minute at
                      > > http://www.bayareadragon.com/bbs/profile.php?mode=register.
                      > >
                      > > Great thanks to Li for organizing such a wonderful event. It looks
                      > > this gonna be a "Crowded" cherry picking. Hope there are enough
                      > > cherries for everyone :-)
                      > >
                      > > -- James

                    • eyesofhorus2003
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 3, 2005