Merengue Dancing Party This Saturday (1/8/05)

  • jademails
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
      Anyone interested?

      -Ping

      Merengue Party This Saturday (1/8/05)

      www.tsinghua.net

      Merengue Party - (1/8/2005)

      Tsinghua Network is hosting the First Dance Party of 2005 this
      Saturday.

      Merengue is the national folk dance of the Dominican Republic where
      it has been popular for centuries. Possessing a simple one - two
      rhythm, it is danced to music that is light, energetic and fun. Much
      like the egg white and sugar confection for which it is named.

      Merengue is the easiest Latin dance to learn and yours trully Yufei
      Qian mastered it in 8 wks. It is also the most popular, even Xia
      Ying wants to learn it. The music of Merengue can be heard throughout
      Latin America and nearly every disco and nightclub plays at least a
      little Merengue every night. Now we bring it to the comfort of
      Fremont, CA this saturday.

      SVTN Dance Party will be held at Premier Ballroom (Ming2 Xing1), a
      classy 8500 sf.
      professional dance studio, with sound-coordinated light system and
      state-of-the-art
      audio system that fills the ballroom and your heart with fine music.

      Time: Saturday, 1/8/2005
      7:50pm-8:50pm Free Dance Lesson--Salsa
      9:00pm-1:00am General Dancing
      Place: Premier Ballroom Dance Studio
      4181 Cushing Parkway, Fremont

      Dance Mix: ~50% Ballroom, ~50% Disco

      Dress code: Formal/Semi-formal

      Tickets at the door:
      SVTN members and guests:(Please mention SVTN at door)
      Ladies: $5
      Others: $10
      Non-members: $11

      Directions: Take I-880, exit on Fremont BLVD. Premier Ballroom is in
      a mall very close to the exit. Be aware there are two Fremont exits
      on I-880! Please do not park your car in front of the GoodNight Inn.
      You can park in all other spaces including McDonald's.
    • eyesofhorus2003
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
        Not sure about it.

        Ming Xing does not look like a good place to dance for me :(

        - Li

        --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, "jademails" <jademails@y...>
        wrote:

        > Anyone interested?
        >
        > -Ping

      • jademails
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
          Never been there before, however I heard lots of negative opinion
          about it already.

          Normally, the disappointment comes from high expectation, mine is at
          the lowest low - besides the dancing itself sounds interesting..
          anyway, I might give it a try. :)

          -Ping

          --- In bay_area_fun_club@yahoogroups.com, "eyesofhorus2003"