Becoming a Webhead 2006
Jan 16 - Feb 26
In this session, we will explore Web communication tools and share the best ways of using them in our teaching practices, engage with students in virtual classes, collaborate on projects, and participate in conferences as audience and presenters. This collaboration takes place online, as we are all geographically apart.
We are part of the Webheads in Action virtual Community of Practice.
Would you like to become one of us?
Participants will learn collaboratively and hands on to:
- use various synchronous and asynchronous web tools for learning and teaching EFL/ESL,
- interact through e-mail, text chat, voice chat, voice e-mail, and distribution lists, among others,
- reflect on ways of applying those tools to their teaching, either online or face to face, and,
- create web pages and blogs, online worksheets, surveys, interactive exercises and rubrics related to their own contexts.
Weekly chats will be held to discuss content and pre-defined topics, build rapport and create a sense of community.
Much of the content derived from the discussions will be made available through web pages created during the six weeks, and will be kept online for future reference.
By the end of the session participants will be invited to join the Webheads in Action (WiA) community of practice.
- Distance Learning
- Oct 14, 2005
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Not listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.