programs at chuang yen monastery

  • richpiano
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2007
      Hi-

      Visited Chuang Yen monastery recently. Seem to remember that there is a meditation
      program there during Thanksgiving week and weekend. I've called and e mailed the
      monastery and have received no response. Anyone have information?

      Thanks,

      -Rich
    • inluvwithart
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 20, 2007
        I found this by looking on the Baus website under programs. Hope it is of help to you. : )

        7- Day Retreat at CYM

        7- Day Retreat offered in Carmel, NY

        November 21 to November 28th, 2007

        Meditation Retreat now confirmed to be held at the Chuang Yen Monastery in Carmel, NY.
        sponsored by the Buddhist Association of the United States. This retreat is to be led by
        Venerable Bhante Vimalaramsi and assisted by Sister Khema teaching Buddhist Meditation
        directly from the Sutta texts in easy to understand small English words. Venerable
        Vimalaramsi is the Representative for the United States to the World Buddhist Summit
        Council in Kobe, Japan. He is a Maha Thera Monk who was ordained in the Burmese Forest
        Tradition by the late Ven. U Silinanda. At this time he is starting an American line of
        Buddhism called the American Buddhist Forest Tradition located through the Dhamma
        Sukha Meditation Center in Annapolis, Missouri. Venerable teaches the very basic Tranquil
        Wisdom Meditation of the Buddha which is a Samatha-Vipassana practice found in the Pali
        Texts. The practice is gentle to learn with just a few simple changes from the usual
        practice, and it leads to very clear insights which will be experienced if following the
        instructions very closely. There will be daily Dhamma Talks each evening during the
        retreat, and students will have a close communication opportunity with the teacher as he
        monitors their progress each day.

        Registration will be at 6:30 PM on November 21st, 2007 Orientation and instruction will
        begin at 7:30 PM following registration.

        To learn more about this kind of retreat and practice you can visit Venerable's website at
        http://www.dhammasukha.org

        Who is Bhante Vimalaramsi: http://www.dhammasukha.org/About/bhante.htm

        Who is Khanti-Khema: http://www.dhammasukha.org/About/khema.htm

        Program Information

        Application Form

        Retreat Guidelines

        For information and arrangements on this retreat please contact Venerable Sudharma at
        bauscym@... or call 845-225-1819 x 115