Latest release: 15mm CAROLINGIAN FRANKISH!

  • baueda-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2012
      the army of Charlemagne, Charles the Hammer, Pepin the Short and the other Carolingian kings faithfully recreated in great detail by the immensely talented M. Campagna!

      The range already features all core troops including Basque and Gascons, but we plan to expand it even further, with the addition of the Great Carolus Himself, Breton Light Cavalry, dismounted knights, Frankish crossbowmen and more!
      Painted samples are on the way, in the meantime, check out this fabulous new range:

      http://www.baueda.com/hostis_crl.html

      Confused about who were the Carolingians? Find out more in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTTaVnZyG2g

      :)

      Cheers!

      Claudio
    • SMJ
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 26, 2012
        Lovely figures but I can never forgive them for deposing the Merovingians
        and ending the true bloodline of the Holy Grail, Jesus himself!

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 26, 2012
          >> Confused about who were the Carolingians? Find out more in this video:
          <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTTaVnZyG2g>
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTTaVnZyG2g

          Didn't they do a follow up "Sallic Girl" ?

        • baueda-owner@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2 1:06 AM
            The Merovingians the true bloodline? They were polytheistic pagans until 500, a whole century after even the Goths and the Vandals had been Christianized... beside they were ruled by Salic law, which between other things, established that an individual person is legally unprotected if he or she does not belong to a family. Bit like in the mafia... That seems hardly in line with JC teaching... more old testament if anything!

            But my favorite bits about the Merovingians is the hair bit, you'll have to forgive me if I just can see the true bloodline looking a bit like this:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=c77zE3I-Qew#t=212s

            :)

            (Wiki snippet) Merovingians derived their royal power from their long hair, which was thought to confer upon them martial prowess. Childeric III, the last Merovingian king, was notable for his thick golden-red hair, which was said to reach to his lower back. This was unusual; it was customary for men of the Early Middle Ages to wear their hair at or near the shoulders, which made Childeric's hair exceptionally long even by Merovingian standards. Childeric's mane, with its striking color and length, was a major asset to him (and possibly his greatest claim to hold the throne) at a time when the Merovingian dynasty was faltering. As such, the usurper Pepin made shearing Childeric his foremost strategic goal, correctly reasoning that the psychological impact of cutting Childeric's famed hair would be more critical in deposing the dynasty.

            When Childeric was captured he was forcibly tonsured. It is not clear if Pepin himself wielded the scissors, but after a brief struggle the king's hair was severed. Pepin shortly thereafter ordered the shearing of Childeric's teenage son Theuderic, whose blonde hair was reported to reach nearly to his waist.

            The impact of these twin haircuts was immediate; both Childeric and Theuderic, whose exceptionally long hair endowed them with royal mystique in the eyes of their countrymen, were rendered ineligible to hold the throne.

            Childeric and Theuderic, bereft of their long hair (Pepin was said to have kept the two severed manes as trophies), were sent to live in monastic confinement.