Moving discussions to battleroyalefilm.net

  • themikejonas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2006
      Dear Members of the battleroyalefilm Yahoo! Group:

      Please check out the forums at the battleroyalefilm website and join
      in the discussions there! The message board format allows for more
      focused, ongoing, topic-specific discussion about all things BR (yes,
      including the recently announced remake), not to mention you'll be
      joining over 1500 registered fellow BR fans at the most active
      gathering of BR fans on the net.

      This Yahoo Group has served us well since its inception as a Yahoo
      Club way back in 2001, and has changed hands a couple of times. But
      as the internet fandom has grown, and the BR universe available to
      English speakers has expanded from just the movie to the novel, the
      sequel, the manga, and now the remake, the "mailing list" format of
      discussion is just too constrained to maintain--the same questions are
      brought up over and over again, only a couple of threads of discussion
      can happen at one time, and the sheer volume of spam that moderators
      have to wade through (Yahoo's filters suck) just to pick out the valid
      posts is just too much to deal with.

      I think that it's time for the mailing list to shift its purpose away
      from being a discussion medium to something else, like a way to simply
      disseminate important BR-related news (like the recent remake
      announcement). This is something that I had put forward about a year
      ago, and while the activity of the group hasn't dwindled that much in
      recent months, this was as good a time as any to finally put it into
      effect.

      So to continue getting your BR discussion fix, I encourage you all to
      please join the battleroyalefilm forums at the following URL:

      http://www.battleroyaleforum.com

      or alternatively,

      http://p200.ezboard.com/bbattleroyale31415

      If the battleroyalefilm forums aren't to your liking, there's also
      ongoing discussion at the IMDB boards for BR:
      http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/board/threads/

      and the Livejournal Community for BR:
      (http://community.livejournal.com/battle_royale/

      This mailing list will continue as a repository for BR-related files,
      and selected submissions will, at the mods' discretion, be posted to
      the group along with news from battleroyalefilm. Thank you for being
      a part of this stage of the life of this community, and I hope we'll
      see you at the next stage--joining our fellow BR fanatics at the
      battleroyalefilm forums.

      Sincerely,
      MikeJonas
      owner/moderator