Re: [battle_athletes] BA goods

  • JMB
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 14, 2006
      Sorry for joining in late; I've been busy and my list took awhile to put
      together ^^.

      jmc2001a wrote:

      >OK, a while back I picked up all three Battle Athletes novels - yes
      >novels - from jpqueen and that makes me wonder just how much other
      >stuff we are missing here. I mean things with actual story content -
      >non-hentai doujins, the games, manga and novels, things in AIC Love,
      >etc. Does anyone more plugged in to Japan than I am have any idea of
      >just how much other stuff there is out there? I'm especially
      >interested in knowing just how many games there are and for what
      >systems. Thanks!

      Wow, I wasn't aware there were novels! Gotta find those...

      I haven't read what others posted, but this is what I own (this is stuff
      with story content and just general merchandise):

      * OAV Manga (3 volumes; two with the obi)
      * TV show Manga (4 volumes; three with the obi)
      * Skynet Akari Figure w/Stand (school outfit)
      * Artbook: Perfect Collection
      * Artbook: Sega Saturn Game Book
      * CD: Jump
      * CD: Step
      * CD: The Biographies of Superstars 01
      * CD: The Biographies of Superstars 02
      * CDRadio Astro Extra World
      * 3 CD Set: Hop, Step, Jump
      * CD: (dunno what it's called, but it's a game soundtrack CD; Vol. 1)
      * CD: (same as above; either vol. 2 of 3)
      * CD: (again, same as above; either vol. 2 or 3)
      * Battle Athletess PC Game
      * Artbook: Character & Art Design Sketch Book (with obi)
      * Artbook: Perfect Guide Book
      * Artbook: Legend of Cosmobeauty Roman Album
      * Battle Athletess [Alternative] Playstation Game
      * Battle Athletess GTO Playstation Game
      * Battle Athletess Sega Saturn Game
      * CD Single: The Beat Less (featuring Izumi Hidaka w/Rio Natsuki; BA songs)
      * CD Single: Tsubasa (BA songs)
      * Artbook: Uchuu Nadeshiko Tokuhon
      * Artbook: GTO Game Guide
      * Artbook: Perfect Guide
      * Artbook: Playstation Game Guide
      * Notebook: Go For Cosmo Beauty! Data Note
      * Kotobukiya 1/8 Scale Polyresin Figurine: Akari (competition outfit)
      * Wallscroll: Battle Athletes Victory
      * Wallscroll: OAV
      * Set of 3 Clearfiles (I've never seen these ANYWAY; a friend of
      Melissa's found them)
      * Akari Dress Up Cel
      * OAV Display Box for the LDs (w/LD labels)
      * OAV LD Vol. 1: Chronicle Beginning
      * OAV LD Vol. 2: Oath Entrant
      * OAV LD Vol. 4: Match Unexpected
      * OAV LD Vol. 5: Objective Tension
      * Kotobukiya Active Styling Figure: Akari (#05 in the series, I think)
      * TV Series Display Box for the LDs
      * Battle Athletes TV Vol. 8 Japanese DVD (so I could watch the original
      ending cut out of the US release)
      * Battle Athletes Broccoli Hybrid Cards (I have almost the entire set,
      minus a few cards)
      * Battle Athletes Victory Stickers (came with the domestic DVDs; I THINK
      I'm missing one; I have eight)
      * Akari Phonecard
      * BA Game Phonecard
      * OAV Akari Lami Card
      * OAV Anna Lami Card
      * OAV Kris Lami Card
      * TV Akari Lami Card
      * TV Ichino Lami Card
      * TV Jessie Lami Card
      * TV Kris Lami Card
      * TV Anna Lami Card
      * Poster: Go For Cosmo Beauty! (looks like the notebook above)
      * Poster: Akari, Kris, and Anna Sleeping on a Towel (Picnic)
      * Poster: GTO Game (shows the entire cast posing)
      * Poster: GTO Game (shows Akari prominently displayed with others in
      background)
      * Poster: Alternative Game (the PS1 game; shows the cast, but
      prominently Akari, Ichino, and Tanya)
      * Poster: some PC game/CD (it shows Akari and Ichino hanging on each
      other in their pajamas it advertising wallpapers, etc.)
      * Poster: PS1 or PC Game (landscape; shows the characters running)

      And of course the domestic DVDs. I also own twenty-four anime cels, all
      of which you can see here: http://www.nexusanime.com/bacels/

      As for other stuff I've seen but don't own:

      * Satellite University School Uniform Patch
      * Various Statues, mostly of Kris

      I'm also assuming there are a lot more figures out there since the Akari
      ones I have are numbered as if in a series. Some day I plan on taking
      pictures of everything I own to put on a website for fans to use to
      track down stuff. I don't know how much stuff you guys have, but it
      might be safe to assume I have one of the larger collections in the
      fanbase (I could be wrong! But a lot of this stuff I have I've never
      seen available except for once).

      I actually haven't even looked for more stuff in a few years thanks to
      bills, so I've probably missed a lot of good stuff. But of course since
      the series has been available for such a long time stores are less
      likely to carry merchandise anymore, so finding it is becoming more
      difficult.

      I have found doujinshi before but I generally only collect official
      merchandise (all of my CDs and games are official; no bootlegs! I can't
      stand bootlegs), so the few doujinshi I did find I immediately sold on
      eBay (hentai and non-hentai). I also have come across the AIC Love
      books but sold them as well because I'm looking for stuff that focuses
      only on BA. Of course, with the lack of stuff available now I might go
      back and pick them up anyway.

      And I must find those novels. I MUST.

      --Jacob "Dark Claw/DC" Bond--

      My New Manga Webcomic "Blue Sky"
      http://www.blueskycomic.com

      "Galgarion is Cherry's butt?! That is gonna be the coolest boss fight
      ever!"
      --The hero in "RPG World," 08-24-2001
    • JMB
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 14, 2006
        Melissa McCarthy wrote:

        >I've got a little bitty gamelet starring an adorable chibi Akari,
        >somewhere. If I can find it again I'll upload it. It's almost certainly a
        >fan-made game, though.

        I don't think I have this. You've been holding out on me!

        Melissa:

        >There's not much in the way of official
        >merchandise. Jacob, you've got a game or three, haven't you?

        I just posted the list. ^____^ There's about three or four games on
        there, I believe.

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 15, 2006
          Justin Ross wrote:

          >Theres some merchandise, its just dificult to get it in the US:
          > http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/search/auc?p=%A5%D0%A5%C8%A5%EB%A5%A2%A5%B9%A5%EA%A1%BC%A5%C6%A5%B9%C2%E7%B1%BF%C6%B0%B2%F1&auccat=0&alocale=0jp&acc=jp

          It kills me to look at Yahoo Japan because the only way to get this
          stuff is through a service, and they're generally really freakin' expensive.

          Argh! Stuff I don't have! :::bangs head against desk::::

          --Jacob "Dark Claw/DC" Bond--

          My New Manga Webcomic "Blue Sky"
          http://www.blueskycomic.com

          "Galgarion is Cherry's butt?! That is gonna be the coolest boss fight
          ever!"
          --The hero in "RPG World," 08-24-2001
        • Buckeroo
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 15, 2006
            --- JMB <third-genesis@...> wrote:

            Well, I surely can't match your BA collection (except where the
            doujinshi is concerned... *shame*), but there is ONE thing I can do...

            > "Galgarion is Cherry's butt?! That is gonna be the coolest boss
            > fight ever!"
            > --The hero in "RPG World," 08-24-2001

            T'was Eikre who said that, ya big silly. And if I'd seen you put the
            date right next to the quote, I wouldn't have had to spend ten minutes
            searching for the strip that confirmed what I recalled.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • JMB
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 15, 2006
              Buckeroo wrote:

              >Well, I surely can't match your BA collection (except where the
              >doujinshi is concerned... *shame*), but there is ONE thing I can do...

              Yeah, well, I'm also completely broke, so there's a drawback to having
              such a large collection. ^^;

              My Sig:

              >>"Galgarion is Cherry's butt?! That is gonna be the coolest boss
              >>fight ever!"
              >>--The hero in "RPG World," 08-24-2001

              Buckeroo:

              >T'was Eikre who said that, ya big silly. And if I'd seen you put the
              >date right next to the quote, I wouldn't have had to spend ten minutes
              >searching for the strip that confirmed what I recalled.

              D'oh! Must have mixed 'em up. ^^; Sorry about that! (it was so much
              easier to tell them apart when he started coloring the strips :)

              Dang, I miss RPG World. I wish he WOULD at least finish it up like he
              promised.

              --Jacob "Dark Claw/DC" Bond--

              My New Manga Webcomic "Blue Sky"
              http://www.blueskycomic.com

              "Galgarion is Cherry's butt?! That is gonna be the coolest boss fight
              ever!"
              --Eikre in "RPG World," 08-24-2001
            • Jason Carter
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 20, 2006
                I thought I'd show the list this
                link<http://cgi.ebay.com/JAPAN-ANIME-RARE-SCD-BATTLE-ATHLETES-DAI-UNDOUKAI-OMAKE_W0QQitemZ6024649120QQcategoryZ1345QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>and
                ask if anyone knows what it's for. It's hideously overpriced, of
                course.

                JC

                On 2/15/06, JMB <third-genesis@...> wrote:

                > Buckeroo wrote:
                >
                > >Well, I surely can't match your BA collection (except where the
                > >doujinshi is concerned... *shame*), but there is ONE thing I can do...
                > >

                > Yeah, well, I'm also completely broke, so there's a drawback to having
                > such a large collection. ^^;
                >

                > My Sig:
                >
                > >>"Galgarion is Cherry's butt?! That is gonna be the coolest boss
                > >>fight ever!"
                > >>--The hero in "RPG World," 08-24-2001
                > >>

                > Buckeroo:
                >
                > >T'was Eikre who said that, ya big silly. And if I'd seen you put the
                > >date right next to the quote, I wouldn't have had to spend ten minutes
                > >searching for the strip that confirmed what I recalled.
                > >

                > D'oh! Must have mixed 'em up. ^^; Sorry about that! (it was so much
                > easier to tell them apart when he started coloring the strips :)
                >
                > Dang, I miss RPG World. I wish he WOULD at least finish it up like he
                > promised.
                >

                > --Jacob "Dark Claw/DC" Bond--
                >
                > My New Manga Webcomic "Blue Sky"
                > http://www.blueskycomic.com
                >

                > "Galgarion is Cherry's butt?! That is gonna be the coolest boss fight
                > ever!"
                > --Eikre in "RPG World," 08-24-2001
                >

                > Visit the Battle Athletes eGroups page at:
                > http://www.egroups.com/group/battle_athletes
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • JMB
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 20, 2006
                  Jason Carter wrote:

                  >I thought I'd show the list this
                  >link<http://cgi.ebay.com/JAPAN-ANIME-RARE-SCD-BATTLE-ATHLETES-DAI-UNDOUKAI-OMAKE_W0QQitemZ6024649120QQcategoryZ1345QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>and
                  >ask if anyone knows what it's for. It's hideously overpriced, of
                  >course.
                  >

                  >JC

                  That appears to be a CD single (two tracks) by Natsuki Rio, (I believe)
                  Akari's seiyuu. The auction notes it's a "Not For Sale" item, meaning
                  it's probably a promotional CD that you can't buy in stores which is
                  probably why he's hiked the price so high. I've never seen that before
                  so maybe he knows something we don't, but I think at this piont that's
                  overpriced for ANYTHING Battle Athletes (I love the series, but
                  seriously, it isn't insanely popular and it's been a long time since it
                  was on TV).

                  (BTW, I did find another CD I forgot to add to my list: The GTO
                  soundtrack ^__^)

                  --Jacob "Dark Claw/DC" Bond--

                  Blue Sky: Ancient demons, destiny, and the horrors of high school!