Re: [BATCH WORLD] Firefox clear cache

  • Andrew Palm
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 15, 2011
      Any reason you just didn't set your cache to clean when you close firefox?

      Very easy to do Under Options -> Privacy -> Enable Custom Settings for
      History -> Tick Clear History when Firefox closes -> click Settings button
      -> confirm cache is selected.

      Or you could have set your cache to a small size like 5mb and be done with
      it as well?

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 15, 2011
        On 15/06/2011 17:46, Andrew Palm wrote:
        > Any reason you just didn't set your cache to clean when you close firefox?
        >
        > Very easy to do Under Options -> Privacy -> Enable Custom Settings for
        > History -> Tick Clear History when Firefox closes -> click Settings button
        > -> confirm cache is selected.
        >
        > Or you could have set your cache to a small size like 5mb and be done with
        > it as well?

        Did you notice that he is doing it for all profiles on the machine?
      • Gary Kuznitz
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 15, 2011
          Thanks for the suggestion...

          On 15 Jun 2011 at 17:46, Andrew (Andrew Palm <batchworld@yahoogroups.com>)
          commented about Re: [BATCH WORLD] Firefox clear cache:

          > Any reason you just didn't set your cache to clean when you close firefox?

          This will be included in a bat file that clears lots of temp files and lots of cache.
          If I only worked on my machine your suggestion might be great. When I help other
          people I can use my bat file to remove the files they don't need so I can do a backup of
          their machine without the wasted space. It's just easier for me to run one bat file than
          it is to start changing their settings.

          Thanks,

          Gary

        • Andrew Palm
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 16, 2011
            This change could be applied to all users using the machine....

            I'm just putting it out there. There is more than one way to do this and one
            way is from within the program.

            plus, I get the feeling we are doing this day job for him.....

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 16, 2011
              On 16/06/2011 21:52, Andrew Palm wrote:
              > This change could be applied to all users using the machine....
              >
              > I'm just putting it out there. There is more than one way to do this and one
              > way is from within the program.

              Yes, that's true - though this group has batch files as the topic and it
              was administration via a batch file that was the thread.
            • Andrew Palm
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 17, 2011
                Not disagreeing this isn't a batch file group, but just cause we are a batch
                file group, doesn't mean we should limit ourselves to batch files if there
                is a better way of fixing the issue. I didn't see the wanting to do it for
                all users on the machine and was thinking to myself why not enable it within
                the program and save having a batch file job running etc.

                But I guess when you only have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

                AP