Re: [BATCH WORLD] help with batch files for power iso

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 20, 2011
      On 19/02/2011 04:48, k3y50nwh33l5 wrote:
      > Hi, newbie here. I basically need help with writing batch files for one project using power iso.
      >
      > I have about 30 CD-ROMs which I want to install to a "virtual" CD drive on my machine. I understand that by writing a batch file I can have just "one" virtual CD drive instead of a different drive for each CD, and that the batch file can unmount the previously used CD, then mount the selected CD and launch its program.
      >
      > I'm accustomed to reading up on things and being able to figure them out myself, but this one has me stumped. I think if someone would be kind enough to help me write the batch file for one CD I could use it as a template to complete the project.
      >
      > The machine is using Windows XP.
      >
      > The first CD is called "composer."
      >
      > I started to write the batch file myself, then someone who actually does this kind of thing for a living tweaked it but said they were still missing something because they weren't familiar with how power iso works. Here is what I have so far:
      >
      > rem @echo off
      > "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\"piso unmount all
      > "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\"piso mount "C:\Documents and Settings\Ms. Olsen\My Documents\My Virtual CD Drive\composer.iso" G:
      > rem G:\composCD.exe

      This *should* work according to the documentation.

      @echo off
      "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe" unmount G:
      "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe" mount "C:\Documents and
      Settings\Ms. Olsen\My Documents\My Virtual CD Drive\composer.iso" G:
      rem ~5 second delay to allow disk to mount, if needed
      ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
      start "" G:\composCD.exe
    • 88 Keys
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4, 2011
        Thanks, this seems to be getting closer.

        When I click on the batch file to execute it, I get the black DOS window
        which says:
        Bad parameter: mount

        Then I get a regular Windows window titled G:\composCD.exe which says:
        Windows cannot find 'G:\composCD.exe'. Make sure you typed the name
        correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button,
        and then click Search.

        But of course, that file is only on G if it has been mounted.... I did open
        the .ISO file to verify the composCD.exe was one of the files included. I'm
        not sure why mount would be a bad parameter, nor the reason for not finding
        the file.

        Sorry, I'm sure I'm missing something embarrassingly simple here.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2011
          On 5/03/2011 05:36, 88 Keys wrote:
          > Thanks, this seems to be getting closer.
          >
          > When I click on the batch file to execute it, I get the black DOS window
          > which says:
          > Bad parameter: mount
          > The system cannot find the path specified.
          >
          > Then I get a regular Windows window titled G:\composCD.exe which says:
          > Windows cannot find 'G:\composCD.exe'. Make sure you typed the name
          > correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button,
          > and then click Search.
          >
          > But of course, that file is only on G if it has been mounted.... I did open
          > the .ISO file to verify the composCD.exe was one of the files included. I'm
          > not sure why mount would be a bad parameter, nor the reason for not finding
          > the file.
          >
          > Sorry, I'm sure I'm missing something embarrassingly simple here.

          Don't top post please.

          Do you have "c:\documents and settings\..." on two lines or one?

          Check your username too - having a period and a space in it is unusual.

          If that is all ok then type the following commands in at a cmd prompt
          and see what the error message is. It is two lines of commands, not
          three, and watch the spaces when typing.

          cd "C:\Program Files\PowerISO"

          piso.exe mount "C:\Documents and Settings\Ms. Olsen\My Documents\My
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 11, 2011
            > Thanks, this seems to be getting closer.
            >
            > When I click on the batch file to execute it, I get the black DOS window
            > which says:
            > Bad parameter: mount
            > The system cannot find the path specified.
            >
            > Then I get a regular Windows window titled G:\composCD.exe which says:
            > Windows cannot find 'G:\composCD.exe'. Make sure you typed the name
            > correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start
            button,
            > and then click Search.
            >
            > But of course, that file is only on G if it has been mounted.... I did
            open
            > the .ISO file to verify the composCD.exe was one of the files included. I
            > not sure why mount would be a bad parameter, nor the reason for not
            finding
            > the file.
            >
            > Sorry, I'm sure I'm missing something embarrassingly simple here.

            Thank you. Fixed the number of lines in the batch file. Typed what you told
            me at a cmd prompt and got this:

            PowerISO Version 4.7 Copyright(C) 2004-2009 PowerISO Computing, Inc
            Type piso -? for help

            Mount successfully.

            C:\Program Files\PowerISO>

            What's next?

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 11, 2011
              On 12/03/2011 03:48, 88 Keys wrote:
              >>> Hi, newbie here. I basically need help with writing batch files for one project using power iso.
              >>>
              >>> I have about 30 CD-ROMs which I want to install to a "virtual" CD drive on
              >> my machine. I understand that by writing a batch file I can have just "one
              >
              >> virtual CD drive instead of a different drive for each CD, and that the
              >> batch file can unmount the previously used CD, then mount the selected CD
              >> and launch its program.
              >>>

              > Do you have "c:\documents and settings\..." on two lines or one?
              >
              > Check your username too - having a period and a space in it is unusual.
              >
              > If that is all ok then type the following commands in at a cmd prompt
              > and see what the error message is. It is two lines of commands, not
              > three, and watch the spaces when typing.
              >

              > cd "C:\Program Files\PowerISO"
              >
              > Piso.exe mount "C:\Documents and Settings\Ms. Olsen\My Documents\My
              > Virtual CD Drive\composer.iso" G:
              >

              > Thank you. Fixed the number of lines in the batch file. Typed what you told
              > me at a cmd prompt and got this:
              >
              > PowerISO Version 4.7 Copyright(C) 2004-2009 PowerISO Computing, Inc
              > Type piso -? for help
              >
              > Mount successfully.
              >
              > C:\Program Files\PowerISO>
              >
              > What's next?

              Then the program is where it should be, and it functions with the syntax
              in the batch file just fine.

              Try this batch file again - the only difference is that it will pause
              before trying to launch the program on g: so you can read the screen to
              see any errors, or to see if it is successful. It is 7 lines long and
              make sure that the "C:\Documents and Settings\Ms. Olsen\..." line
              doesn't wrap.

              It it fails after the pause when you press a key - then check the G:
              drive for the command you are launching.

              @echo off
              "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe" unmount G:
              "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe" mount "C:\Documents and
              Settings\Ms. Olsen\My Documents\My Virtual CD Drive\composer.iso" G:
              rem ~5 second delay to allow disk to mount, if needed
              ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
              pause
              start "" G:\composCD.exe
            • 88 Keys
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 8 9:16 AM
                >>> Hi, newbie here. I basically need help with writing batch files for one
                project using power iso.

                >>> I have about 30 CD-ROMs which I want to install to a "virtual" CD drive
                on
                >> my machine. I understand that by writing a batch file I can have just
                one

                >> virtual CD drive instead of a different drive for each CD, and that the
                >> batch file can unmount the previously used CD, then mount the selected CD
                >> and launch its program.
                >>>

                > Do you have "c:\documents and settings\..." on two lines or one?
                >
                > Check your username too - having a period and a space in it is unusual.
                >
                > If that is all ok then type the following commands in at a cmd prompt
                > and see what the error message is. It is two lines of commands, not
                > three, and watch the spaces when typing.
                >

                > cd "C:\Program Files\PowerISO"
                >
                > Piso.exe mount "C:\Documents and Settings\Ms. Olsen\My Documents\My
                > Virtual CD Drive\composer.iso" G:
                >

                > Thank you. Fixed the number of lines in the batch file. Typed what you
                told
                > me at a cmd prompt and got this:
                >
                > PowerISO Version 4.7 Copyright(C) 2004-2009 PowerISO Computing, Inc
                > Type piso -? for help
                >
                > Mount successfully.
                >
                > C:\Program Files\PowerISO>
                >
                > What's next?

                Then the program is where it should be, and it functions with the syntax
                in the batch file just fine.

                Try this batch file again - the only difference is that it will pause
                before trying to launch the program on g: so you can read the screen to
                see any errors, or to see if it is successful. It is 7 lines long and
                make sure that the "C:\Documents and Settings\Ms. Olsen\..." line
                doesn't wrap.

                It it fails after the pause when you press a key - then check the G:
                drive for the command you are launching.

                @echo off
                "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe" unmount G:
                "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe" mount "C:\Documents and
                Settings\Ms. Olsen\My Documents\My Virtual CD Drive\composer.iso" G:
                rem ~5 second delay to allow disk to mount, if needed
                ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
                pause
                start "" G:\composCD.exe

                Oh wow!!! On the pause, it said "Mount successfully" and after I pressed a
                key the program opened up. In the process of trying to make sure that long
                line didn't wrap -- my screen wasn't wide enough for all of it go on one
                line -- I discovered my text editor was in wrap mode and maybe that was the
                problem all along??

                OK, so now I need to go back to the version that doesn't pause, right?

                Thanks!

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 8 4:02 PM
                  On 9/04/2011 02:16, 88 Keys wrote:

                  > @echo off
                  > "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe" unmount G:
                  > "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe" mount "C:\Documents and
                  > Settings\Ms. Olsen\My Documents\My Virtual CD Drive\composer.iso" G:
                  > rem ~5 second delay to allow disk to mount, if needed
                  > ping -n 5 127.0.0.1>nul
                  > pause
                  > start "" G:\composCD.exe
                  >

                  > Oh wow!!! On the pause, it said "Mount successfully" and after I pressed a
                  > key the program opened up. In the process of trying to make sure that long
                  > line didn't wrap -- my screen wasn't wide enough for all of it go on one
                  > line -- I discovered my text editor was in wrap mode and maybe that was the
                  > problem all along??

                  There are often settings to merely wrap the screen view, and other
                  settings to wrap the text physically onto different lines so yours might
                  have done this.

                  > OK, so now I need to go back to the version that doesn't pause, right?

                  Yep!

                  > Thanks!

                  This should also work to mount an iso image that you drag onto the batch
                  file. If you have autorun enabled on the virtual drive G: then it
                  should start the disk normally too.

                  @echo off
                  "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe" unmount G:
                  start "" "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe" mount "~1" G:
                  exit