Re: [BATCH WORLD] Need a batch file to back up the computer

  • kn srivastava
    Message 1 of 58 , Sep 24, 2010
      Thanx. Is there any dedicated support resource for robocopy?

      I am particularly keen on excluding directories and files from a list in
      .txt file.

      Kailash

    • Ray McCormick
      Message 58 of 58 , Sep 4, 2011
        > All what I want to do is to put all directories and files that are to
        > be excluded in a file and tell the script to read input for /XD and
        > /XF from that file.
        >
        > Is this possible? If so, how?

        You can specify (a) file(s) containing exclusion items with Xxcopy.

        > There is a practical problem. If I remove my laptop from docking
        > station and the backup is running, the above command will not be
        > executed.

        Include in the batch file, or in another batch file that starts the backup
        file, a screen warning not to switch off or unplug.
        Then have it give the all clear when backup is complete.