Need a batch file to back up the computer

  • goshainganj
    Message 1 of 58 , Sep 13, 2010
      My OS is Win7 Enterprise and I would like to keep a backup of all my files except windows, temp etc. on a hard disk.

      I need a batch file to do this. How can I write a batch file to do this?

      Kailash
    • Ray McCormick
      Message 58 of 58 , Sep 4, 2011
        > All what I want to do is to put all directories and files that are to
        > be excluded in a file and tell the script to read input for /XD and
        > /XF from that file.
        >
        > Is this possible? If so, how?

        You can specify (a) file(s) containing exclusion items with Xxcopy.

        > There is a practical problem. If I remove my laptop from docking
        > station and the backup is running, the above command will not be
        > executed.

        Include in the batch file, or in another batch file that starts the backup
        file, a screen warning not to switch off or unplug.
        Then have it give the all clear when backup is complete.