Re: [BATCH WORLD] Remove space in text file

  • Parag Doke
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010
      Try the following line (removed the space):
      echo %temp_counter%> counter.txt

      --
      Parag Doke
      Save paper, save trees. Do not print emails/documents unless absolutely

    • batch_lover
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2010
        I tried that before and the result is that its delete all the content of "counter.txt"

        --- In batchworld@yahoogroups.com, Parag Doke <paragpdoke@...> wrote:

        > Try the following line (removed the space):
        > echo %temp_counter%> counter.txt
        >
        > On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 4:08 AM, batch_lover <batch_lover@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Greeting,
        > >
        > > I made this incremental counter script
        > >
        > > for /f " delims==" %%i in (counter.txt) do set /A temp_counter= %%i+1
        > > echo %temp_counter% > counter.txt
        > >
        > > the content of counter.txt is :
        > > ---------
        > > 1
        > > ---------
        > >
        > > note: there's no space after the number 1
        > > When i execute the script i get this result:
        > >
        > > ---------
        > > 2 <--- there's a space after the result and i don't want that.
        > >
        > > ---------
        > >
        > > Now my question. How can i get rid of this annoying space ?
        > >
        > > Thanks :)
        > >

        > --
        > Parag Doke
        > Save paper, save trees. Do not print emails/documents unless absolutely
        > necessary.

      • Gonzalo Isaza
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2010
          Do

          >counter.txt echo %temp_counter%

          This type of hard to find bugs and issues can easily be debugged with
          "Running Steps" by SteppingSoftware.com

          Hope this helps.

        • foxidrive@lavabit.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2010
            On Sat, 01 May 2010 18:44:46 -0000, "batch_lover" <batch_lover@...>
            wrote:

            >I tried that before and the result is that its delete all the content of "counter.txt"
            >

            >--- In batchworld@yahoogroups.com, Parag Doke <paragpdoke@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Try the following line (removed the space):
            >> echo %temp_counter%> counter.txt

            echo %temp_counter%>>counter.txt

            The double >> appends to the file.

            and this is the same but will work in more cases: