Re: [BATCH WORLD] Write to eventlog from batch file

  • Michael Burek
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
      Oops, sorry about that. Do you have any opposition to calling a
      Windows/VB script file?

      http://www.mcotis.com/scripting/windows_event_log_batch_file

      Google: write to windows event log dos

      Gotta head to work, so can't try these out myself right now.

      On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:40 AM, John Black
      <spam@...> wrote:
      > Michael Burek wrote:
      >> You can append to a file by using double greater than signs: >>
      >
      > Yes but what about the MS Windows event log? The one Event Viewer displays?
      >
      > Thanks
    • Michael Burek
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
        Oh, it looks like there might be a command line utility for this in
        the Windows Resource Kit:
        http://www.ss64.com/nt/logevent.html

        On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Michael Burek <mike@...> wrote:
        > Oops, sorry about that. Do you have any opposition to calling a
        > Windows/VB script file?
        >
        > http://www.mcotis.com/scripting/windows_event_log_batch_file
        >
        > Google: write to windows event log dos
        >
        > Gotta head to work, so can't try these out myself right now.
        >

        > On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:40 AM, John Black
        > <spam@...> wrote:
        >> Michael Burek wrote:
        >>> You can append to a file by using double greater than signs: >>
        >>
        >> Yes but what about the MS Windows event log? The one Event Viewer displays?
        >>
        >> Thanks

      • John Black
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
          Michael Burek wrote:
          > Oh, it looks like there might be a command line utility for this in
          > the Windows Resource Kit:
          > http://www.ss64.com/nt/logevent.html

          I found that site before but I did not see the command on the MS
          Resource Kit 2003 website.

          Thanks for the VB script link, I will look into it.

          Thanks
          John