Re: [BATCH WORLD] Write to eventlog from batch file

  • John Black
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17 7:40 AM
      Michael Burek wrote:
      > You can append to a file by using double greater than signs: >>

      Yes but what about the MS Windows event log? The one Event Viewer displays?

      Thanks
    • Michael Burek
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17 7:54 AM
        Oops, sorry about that. Do you have any opposition to calling a
        Windows/VB script file?

        http://www.mcotis.com/scripting/windows_event_log_batch_file

        Google: write to windows event log dos

        Gotta head to work, so can't try these out myself right now.

        On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:40 AM, John Black
        <spam@...> wrote:
        > Michael Burek wrote:
        >> You can append to a file by using double greater than signs: >>
        >
        > Yes but what about the MS Windows event log? The one Event Viewer displays?
        >
        > Thanks
      • Michael Burek
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 17 7:55 AM
          Oh, it looks like there might be a command line utility for this in
          the Windows Resource Kit:
          http://www.ss64.com/nt/logevent.html

          On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Michael Burek <mike@...> wrote:
          > Oops, sorry about that. Do you have any opposition to calling a
          > Windows/VB script file?
          >
          > http://www.mcotis.com/scripting/windows_event_log_batch_file
          >
          > Google: write to windows event log dos
          >
          > Gotta head to work, so can't try these out myself right now.
          >

          > On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:40 AM, John Black
          > <spam@...> wrote:
          >> Michael Burek wrote:
          >>> You can append to a file by using double greater than signs: >>
          >>
          >> Yes but what about the MS Windows event log? The one Event Viewer displays?
          >>
          >> Thanks

        • John Black
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 17 8:12 AM
            Michael Burek wrote:
            > Oh, it looks like there might be a command line utility for this in
            > the Windows Resource Kit:
            > http://www.ss64.com/nt/logevent.html

            I found that site before but I did not see the command on the MS
            Resource Kit 2003 website.

            Thanks for the VB script link, I will look into it.

            Thanks
            John