Re: [BATCH WORLD] Batch file to Find and Replace a Substring Inside a File

  • Klaus Meinhard
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 1, 2008
      Alla Gelfand wrote:

      > I just download freeware version is our folks here won't be paying
      > for anything else, and I'll try to incorporate the conding I've done
      > so far with this...

      There is only freeware 4DOS. It was a commercial application for many
      years, very successful from the early nineties on and a must have in BBS
      circles, which used it to parse their log files. And it didn't even have
      @fileopen etc then. They worked with @line, @lines if you want to take a
      look at that with 4DOS Help. 4DOS has been set free by its author some
      years ago, when DOS apllications weren't a sound business proposition
      any longer.

      If you have any questions, post your code and I'll have a look or I'll
      send you a skeleton batch you can flesh out.

      * Klaus Meinhard *
      4DOS Info - Info for DOS
      www.4dos.info