Help reqd batch script----calling a program

  • Sudeep Chaudhuri
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2 8:44 AM
      Hi Batch World Members,
      I was trying to call a .exe program from a batch file
      (.bat)
      in the batch file i have written the command

      c:\test\test.exe

      the test.exe opens a window..

      Now when i run the .bat file , the window opened by
      test.exe starts running in the background
      The mainwindow is my command prompt window(hfrom which
      i run my .bat file).How do i make the test.exe open in
      the foreground.

      Any help would be much appreciated
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4 7:25 AM
        use the START command

        START /?
        for info.

        >Hi Batch World Members,
        >I was trying to call a .exe program from a batch file
        >(.bat)
        >in the batch file i have written the command
        >
        >c:\test\test.exe
        >
        >the test.exe opens a window..
        >
        > Now when i run the .bat file , the window opened by
        >test.exe starts running in the background
        >The mainwindow is my command prompt window(hfrom which
        >i run my .bat file).How do i make the test.exe open in
        >the foreground.
        >
        >Any help would be much appreciated

      • Verne A.
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4 5:27 PM
          try

          start C:\test\test.exe\

          > Hi Batch World Members,
          > I was trying to call a .exe program from a batch file
          > (.bat)
          > in the batch file i have written the command
          >
          > c:\test\test.exe
          >
          > the test.exe opens a window..
          >
          > Now when i run the .bat file , the window opened by
          > test.exe starts running in the background
          > The mainwindow is my command prompt window(hfrom which
          > i run my .bat file).How do i make the test.exe open in
          > the foreground.
          >
          > Any help would be much appreciated

          _ __ ___
          | | / / zanzi_spot@... / _ |