Batch file for online scanning of computers

  • Kailash Srivastava
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2007
      I am just curious if it is possible to create a batch file that can be
      scheduled through window's task scheduler to scan computer using
      online scanning facility available at http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/.

      If yes, how? I am a novice and would need your help to write such a
      script.

      Thanx/Kailash
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2007
        On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 17:34:07 -0000, "Kailash Srivastava" <knsri@...>
        wrote:

        >I am just curious if it is possible to create a batch file that can be
        >scheduled through window's task scheduler to scan computer using
        >online scanning facility available at http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/.
        >
        >If yes, how? I am a novice and would need your help to write such a
        >script.
        >
        >Thanx/Kailash

        No, a plain batch file can't do it without using another technology such as
        send keys in Windows Scripting Host, or autoit etc.

        You can use a keyboard/mouse macro recording program - it will record your
        mouse clicks in sucession and then you can play them back with a single
        hotkey or similar, and some macro programs can be driven with a batch file
        once the recording has been done.

        The web site may not be recordable if the sequence of clicks changes
        depending on the kind of malware found or not found.