RE: [BATCH WORLD] Echo to Log file help

  • Kenneth C. Mazie
    Message 1 of 17 , May 16, 2007
      Probably. Every version of the script I have uses a hard coded password.
      Seems that script you're using was a quick mod on my original script that
      also included the password file loop. Mic's mod should be able to do it
      with a bit of alteration as long as you call the entire routine as a
      subroutine so as to do some simple error checking. That way you select the
      current password, pass it to the logon subroutine, try it, if it works
      continue, if not loop. I'd be happy to try and look into it later tonight,
      right now though I'm in a crunch to get a huge domain management vbscript
      done. Perhaps Mic, or someone else might have some variation in their bag
      of tricks that would suit the bill.

      Ken Mazie

      Message 2 of 17 , May 16, 2007
        Thanks Ken. I'm also hacking on it.

        Lamar

        ________________________________

        From: batchworld@yahoogroups.com <mailto:batchworld%40yahoogroups.com>

        Message 3 of 17 , May 16, 2007
          On Wed, 16 May 2007 14:31:41 -0500, "Morris, Lamar" <LamarMorris@...>
          wrote:

          >Thanks Ken. I'm also hacking on it.

          Couldn't sleep so I'm up for a few minutes again. Try this untested hack
          Lamar:

          Any lines in column 1 have wrapped. Requires W2K/XP etc

          :: Attempts connection with passwords in password file.
          for /F %%i in (.\passwords.txt) do net use \\%currentmachine%\IPC$
          /USER:%currentmachine%\%admin% %%i&&goto :next
          echo Unable to login to %currentmachine% >>.\log.txt
          goto :loginfail
          :next
        • Morris, Lamar
          Message 4 of 17 , May 17, 2007
            Thanks Mic, The file does indeed stop when it hits a good password, it's
            not echoing unable to log on to %currentmachine% to the log file when it
            can't find the correct password.

            I've included the part of the script where I added your code. I also
            removed the login part of the script because your code does it.

            I don't understand these parts of the script. %%i&&goto :next what does
            this do other that go to the next label.

            This label is not defined, what does it do goto :loginfail

            :process

            :connect

            @echo Current system: %currentmachine% is
            valid......Processing.......>>.\log.txt

            net use %currentmachine%\IPC$ /D

            @echo Attempting logon to %currentmachine% >>.\log.txt

            :: Attempts connection with passwords in password file.

            for /F %%i in (.\passwords.txt) do net use \\%currentmachine%\IPC$
            /USER:%currentmachine%\%admin% %%i&&goto :next

            echo Unable to login to %currentmachine% >>.\log.txt

            goto :loginfail

            :next

            goto :execute

            Lamar

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 17 , May 17, 2007
              On Thu, 17 May 2007 08:22:43 -0500, "Morris, Lamar" <LamarMorris@...>
              wrote:

              >Thanks Mic, The file does indeed stop when it hits a good password, it's
              >not echoing unable to log on to %currentmachine% to the log file when it
              >can't find the correct password.

              Hmmm. I'm not sure why. It works in a simplified test here.
              Try a few bogus passwords in a new file, just to see.

              >I don't understand these parts of the script. %%i&&goto :next what does
              >this do other that go to the next label.

              It jumps out of the loop that is trying different passwords when a correct
              password is used (well, when the 'net use' command succeeds) and goes
              directly to a spot in the script to continue whatever it is you are doing.
              That can be anyplace.

              && is processed when the errorlevel is zero (no failure) so when a password
              succeeds it branchs to the :next label.

              >This label is not defined, what does it do goto :loginfail

              It should fall through and log the machine that failed (all passwords are
              wrong) and then branch to wherever you want to go. I just called the
              re-entry point :loginfail

              >:process
              >
              >:connect
              >
              > @echo Current system: %currentmachine% is
              >valid......Processing.......>>.\log.txt
              >
              > net use %currentmachine%\IPC$ /D
              >
              > @echo Attempting logon to %currentmachine% >>.\log.txt
              >
              >:: Attempts connection with passwords in password file.
              >
              >for /F %%i in (.\passwords.txt) do net use \\%currentmachine%\IPC$
              >/USER:%currentmachine%\%admin% %%i&&goto :next
              >
              >echo Unable to login to %currentmachine% >>.\log.txt
              >
              >goto :loginfail
              >

              >:next
              >

              >goto :execute
            • Morris, Lamar
              Message 6 of 17 , May 17, 2007
                Thanks for the explanation. Here is what the log is showing on failures (no good password). This is ok because I can tell by the file copy failure that the system was either offline or there was no good password.

                Current system: h6NM7015 is valid......Processing.......
                Attempting logon to h6NM7015
                0 file(s) copied.