Program location changes between XP and Vista x64

  • Pete Harrison
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2007
      Under Windows XP, I have several batch files that run programs from
      c:\program files\xxx.exe however, under Vista x64, there are now 2
      program file locations, "c:\Program Files" and "c:\Program Files (x86)"

      To be compatible across both OS's, I need to be able to run from
      "C:\Program Files" on XP but from "C:\Program Files (x86)" in Vista.

      is there any way of determining which OS the batch file is running under?

      Regards
      Pete
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2007
        On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:15:50 -0000, "Pete Harrison"

        >Under Windows XP, I have several batch files that run programs from
        >c:\program files\xxx.exe however, under Vista x64, there are now 2
        >program file locations, "c:\Program Files" and "c:\Program Files (x86)"
        >
        >To be compatible across both OS's, I need to be able to run from
        >"C:\Program Files" on XP but from "C:\Program Files (x86)" in Vista.
        >
        >is there any way of determining which OS the batch file is running under?
        >
        >Regards
        >Pete

        Probably from the VER output.

        EG: