username & password for opening ie browser

  • riyaz_techie
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16, 2007
      Hi All,

      I am the new user of this group. i need to open the ie browser and it
      prompts for userid & password( we are using LDAP server for some
      specific sites.) once it starts. Could anyone please send the script to
      how to automatically login to the site where the userid & password is
      streamlined in the batch file itself.
    • Parag P. Doke
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 2007
        Hi Riyaz.
        I know this will not solve your question, but let's see if you find it
        useful.
        You can pass a URL to iexplore.exe which (if the protocol supports) can
        include the username / password. For instance, FTP URLs can have usernames
        and passwords as a part of the URL.
        -----
        cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer"
        -----
        Unfortunately, I don't know how to pass this information for LDAP
        authentication. There are command line utilities such as wget which allow
        you to provide username / password, but, these will not work with IE.

        Parag P. Doke
        http://paragpdoke.blogspot.com

        On 17 Apr 2007 12:44:06 -0700, riyaz_techie <riyaz_techie@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I am the new user of this group. i need to open the ie browser and it
        > prompts for userid & password( we are using LDAP server for some
        > specific sites.) once it starts. Could anyone please send the script to
        > how to automatically login to the site where the userid & password is
        > streamlined in the batch file itself.

      • Derek Byrne
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18, 2007
          I think the question to ask here is whether IE accepts username/password
          credentials for LDAP via the command line.

          Riyaz, have you seen this working elsewhere or are you just looking for
          an easy and quick solution in the hopes that it will work for what you
          want it to do?

          Regards,

          Derek Byrne
          IT Retail Field Engineer
          E: derek.byrne@... <mailto:derek.byrne@...>
          P: 01 - 430 7398
          M: 085-711 7398

          Disclaimer: The contents of this message and any attachments to it are
          confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this
          message in error you should delete it from your system immediately and
          advise the sender. To any recipient of this message within Meteor,
          unless otherwise stated you should consider this message and attachments
          as "METEOR CONFIDENTIAL".
          --------

          ________________________________

          I know this will not solve your question, but let's see if you find it
          useful.
          You can pass a URL to iexplore.exe which (if the protocol supports) can
          include the username / password. For instance, FTP URLs can have
          usernames
          and passwords as a part of the URL.
          -----
          cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer"
          -----
          Unfortunately, I don't know how to pass this information for LDAP
          authentication. There are command line utilities such as wget which
          allow
          you to provide username / password, but, these will not work with IE.

          Parag P. Doke
          http://paragpdoke.blogspot.com <http://paragpdoke.blogspot.com>

          On 17 Apr 2007 12:44:06 -0700, riyaz_techie <riyaz_techie@...
          <mailto:riyaz_techie%40yahoo.co.in> >
          wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > I am the new user of this group. i need to open the ie browser and it
          > prompts for userid & password( we are using LDAP server for some
          > specific sites.) once it starts. Could anyone please send the script
          > how to automatically login to the site where the userid & password is
          > streamlined in the batch file itself.

          Meteor Mobile Communications Limited, trading as Meteor.
          Registered Office: 4030 Kingswood Avenue, Citywest Business Park, Naas Road, Dublin 24, Ireland.
          Registered in Ireland: 282645

          DISCLAIMER: This email and its attachments contain confidential information and may be legally privileged. The message is intended only for the addressee(s) stated above. If you are not the named addressee(s) or intended recipient please do not use, copy, disseminate or disclose the information to anyone. If you have received this email in error please immediately notify the sender at Meteor and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.
        • riyaz khan