RE: [BATCH WORLD]

  • Gary Kuznitz
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 31, 2007
      Hi Derek,

      Sorry for the delay...
      On 29 Jan 2007 at 11:22, Derek (Derek Byrne <batchworld@yahoogroups.com>)
      commented about RE: [BATCH WORLD]:

      > Hi Gary,
      >
      > I think I use an App somewhere that uses AutoIt.
      >
      > Care to share? :o)
      With AutoIt you can do this easily. You can get the script to find all PC's on
      the LAN from:
      http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33976&st=0&gopid=297177&#e
      ntry297177

      You should add what you want to do to each PC where it says "Add your code
      here". To read registry values you could use regread. The help file that gets
      installed with AutoIt will explain the command.

      To run your script you will need to install AutoIt on one PC. You can download
      it from:
      http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.php

      Even though AutoIt scripts are plain text and you can use any text editor I
      recommend you download and install the AutoIt Script Editor. It makes life a
      lot easier.

      HTH,

      Gary Kuznitz

      > Cheers,
      >
      > Derek
      >

      > ________________________________

    • pcdos2k
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 31, 2007
        sorry for hijacking this thread but i am looking for a
        DOS program similar to autoit. all i can find are
        keyboard macro stuffer. thanks.

        --- Gary Kuznitz <docfxit@...> wrote:

        > Hi Derek,
        >
        > Sorry for the delay...
        > On 29 Jan 2007 at 11:22, Derek (Derek Byrne
        > <batchworld@yahoogroups.com>)
        > commented about RE: [BATCH WORLD]:
        >
        > > Hi Gary,
        > >
        > > I think I use an App somewhere that uses AutoIt.
        > >
        > > Care to share? :o)
        > With AutoIt you can do this easily. You can get the
        > script to find all PC's on
        > the LAN from:

        http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33976&st=0&gopid=297177�e
        > ntry297177