RE: [BATCH WORLD] Off-Topic - Disable Right Mouse Click

  • Morris, Lamar
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 11, 2006
      These keys are found under
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Exp
      lorer

      Lamar

      ________________________________

      From: batchworld@yahoogroups.com <mailto:batchworld%40yahoogroups.com>
      From: batchworld@yahoogroups.com <mailto:batchworld%40yahoogroups.com>
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 11, 2006
        Cheers Morris,

        This worked a treat - You shall be remembered as the star upon the
        Xmas tree. And Bob (Bissinar) is but the tinsel :oP

        For those who want to know, save the following into a text file and
        rename it as a .reg

        --- Start RemoveRMB.REG ---
        Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

        [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ex
        plorer]
        "NoTrayContextMenu"=dword:00000001
        --- End RemoveRMB.REG ---

        Cheers,

        Derek

        ________________________________

        From: batchworld@yahoogroups.com <mailto:batchworld%40yahoogroups.com>

        From: batchworld@yahoogroups.com <mailto:batchworld%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:batchworld%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:batchworld%40yahoogroups.com>
        [mailto:batchworld@yahoogroups.com <mailto:batchworld%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:batchworld%40yahoogroups.com>
        On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:40:08 -0000, "Derek Byrne"
        <Derek.Byrne@... <mailto:Derek.Byrne%40meteor.ie>
        <mailto:Derek.Byrne%40meteor.ie>
        <mailto:Derek.Byrne%40meteor.ie>
        <mailto:Derek.Byrne%40meteor.ie> > wrote:

        > Wishing everyone a Very Happy Xmas and a Prosperous New Year - yes Bob
        >- even you!!! :oD

        :)

        > I've a modified menu system in place on one of our computer systems
        >here in work, but there is one thing I haven't figured out yet. How do
        >I disable the Right-Click? Specifically, I am looking to prevent users
        >from Right-Clicking on the Start button.

        I don't know how this sits in your situation, but cutting the track
        that goes to the right mouse button inside the mouse is a low tech
        method of disabling it. LOL

      • Bob Bissinnar
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 11, 2006
          At 12:40 PM 12/11/2006 +0000, Derek Byrne Writes
          > Wishing everyone a Very Happy Xmas and a Prosperous New Year - yes Bob
          >- even you!!! :oD

          Derek: a ghost from Christmas Past! How the dickens are you?

          Sir Derek, as you are aware, I take a dim view of "off topic" posts and
          will hence forth censor all your postings to this group. I will also
          monitor your email and release details of your dubious checkbook
          contributions to your pal Bambang in Syria. Think I'm kidding? Ask Mic!
          (thanks Sam!)

          >How do I disable the Right-Click?

          Here's your cockamamie solution :) <Caveat Emptor>

          1. There's a setting in Control Panel labeled Mouse. Double click that,
          then click on Buttons. Click the number 2 button (middle one) and set it to
          "Close Application". Next go to the 3rd button, use the slide bar and set
          it to "Middle Button" As Mic would say "untested" but my solution should
          make for some great laughs in the office watching those leprechauns
          opening, closing, opening, closing!

          2. Remove the balls from your mice. Email your co-workers and tell them you
          caught the mice using a right click. Ask for organ donor pledges should one
          of your co-workers be found using a right click.

          3. Use a screwdriver (the tool, Derek, not the adult beverage you drink
          when posting) to pry the lid off the right button and use a toe nail
          clipper to cut the blue and red wires on the bottom.

          4. Use a hammer and smack that miscreant button.

          5. Get a bigger hammer!

          Hope that helps Friend!

          BTW
          Derek, I'm still working on that flame for you; been about 3 years now but
          it's coming to fruition! I've referred to you as an evolutionary cul de
          sac, a antidisestablishmentarian, a bad boy and a archtophilist.

          Nasty stuff..hope you can take it!

          Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all at batchworld!

          Bob <---looking for teddy and headed to the ZZZ box
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 11, 2006
            On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:50:03 -0500, Bob Bissinnar
            <bobbissinnar@...> wrote:

            >At 12:40 PM 12/11/2006 +0000, Derek Byrne Writes
            > > Wishing everyone a Very Happy Xmas and a Prosperous New Year - yes Bob
            > >- even you!!! :oD
            >
            >Derek: a ghost from Christmas Past! How the dickens are you?

            ROFL!

            >a antidisestablishmentarian, a bad boy and a archtophilist.

            I can't bear to see you misinformed - perhaps it is term arctophilist
            that you were re-furring to, Bob.

            Sleep well. :)
          • Bob Bissinnar
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 14, 2006
              At 03:51 PM 12/12/2006 +1100, foxidrive Writes

              >I can't bear to see you misinformed - perhaps it is term arctophilist
              ^^^^
              >that you were re-furring to, Bob.
              LOL, Mic

              A collector is archtophilist or arctophile. (close but no cigar Mate!)

              That's it for posts to this thread from me.

              Best wishes and good luck to all!