variable pass

  • Brett Chase
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2006
      Does anyone know why one of my variables set in one batch file fails to pass
      on the another batch file it calls? It was working at one time and I can't
      figure out why it stopped.

      Thanks.

      Be well.
      Brett

    • Sam Wallace
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2006
        Brett,

        Could you give us examples of what is going on? You might echo the
        variable at the beginning of the batch file being called to see if it
        is really not being passed to it or if it is being reset within the
        new file. If the variable was set within a FOR loop while and then the
        second batch file was called, you might get some interesting effets.
        Most importantly, you say it was working and then it stopped. What
        changed?

        Without specific information, it will be difficult to help more than this.

        Thanks,

        Sam
        **************

        > Does anyone know why one of my variables set in one batch file fails
        to pass on the another batch file it calls? It was working at one
        time and I can't figure out why it stopped.

        > Thanks.

        > Be well.
        > Brett
      • Brett Chase
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2006
          would using "setlocal" in the parent bat file before the calling of other
          bat files and "endlocal" at the end of the parent file do the trick?

          _____

          Could you give us examples of what is going on? You might echo the
          variable at the beginning of the batch file being called to see if it
          is really not being passed to it or if it is being reset within the
          new file. If the variable was set within a FOR loop while and then the
          second batch file was called, you might get some interesting effets.
          Most importantly, you say it was working and then it stopped. What
          changed?

          Without specific information, it will be difficult to help more than this.

          Thanks,

          Sam
          **************

          > Does anyone know why one of my variables set in one batch file fails
          to pass on the another batch file it calls? It was working at one
          time and I can't figure out why it stopped.

          > Thanks.

          > Be well.
          > Brett

          Xp