so simple???

  • Jabe Fincher
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 2 4:44 PM
      Hello,

      I need your help again. I am using Windows XP. I want to copy files from
      C:\MyBackup\*.* to D:\
      D is my CD Rom drive. I want to copy my backups to a writeable CD. Here
      is what I tried but it did not work???

      @echo off
      Echo
      Xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\
      End

      I'm sure it is very simple but not when you don't know what you are
      doing! Many thanks!
      Jabe
    • Bob Bissinnar
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 2 5:13 PM
        Greetings Jabe!

        >I need your help again. I am using Windows XP. I want to copy files from
        >C:\MyBackup\*.* to D:\

        >@echo off
        >Echo
        >Xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\

        Appears to me you have it correct in the question portion of your post.
        try:

        @echo off
        Echo
        Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\

        Best wishes
      • Jabe Fincher
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 2 7:44 PM
          Hello Bob,

          This does not work??? I copied it exactly as you have it typed?? I have
          it listed as backup.bat and I try to click it and it does not work??
          Thanks,
          Jabe

          Bob Bissinnar wrote:

          > Greetings Jabe!
          >
          > >I need your help again. I am using Windows XP. I want to copy files from
          > >C:\MyBackup\*.* to D:\
          >
          > >@echo off
          > >Echo
          > >Xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\
          >
          > Appears to me you have it correct in the question portion of your post.
          > try:
          >
          > @echo off
          > Echo
          > Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\
          >
          > Best wishes

        • old bob
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 2 10:16 PM
            Hi again Jabe:
            I don't know why Bob Blissinners code didn't work for
            you. Might have something to do with how XP handles
            the DOS command.com interpreter. My neighbors XP
            handles DOS nicely but my kids XP just flat osticizes
            DOS. Someone with more expertise than me can probably
            advise.

            I use a batch stream to periodically backup Ruths
            games. I cd (change directory) to make my folder of
            interest be my "current directory". Replace my games
            directory in the copy command with your source folder
            and my games.bak directory with your D:Backup
            directory (folder). The dir command simply keeps a log
            of the save activities.
            I keep this batch file in the directory with my source
            folder "games" and create a shortcut to my Windows95
            desktop along side the shortcut to the game itself.
            All Ruth needs to do is double click the batch file
            shortcut icon to save her games.
            Don't forget to go into DOS and check your COPY/? to
            select your options......

            =================
            echo off
            cd "C:\Program Files\Game Master\Solitaire Master\"
            copy games\*.* games.bak\*.*/y
            dir savelog.txt>>savelog.txt
            cls
            =================

            Regards
            Ruth and old bob
            --.-

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 2 10:31 PM
              On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 21:44:59 -0600, Jabe Fincher wrote:

              > Hello Bob,
              >
              > This does not work??? I copied it exactly as you have it typed?? I have
              > it listed as backup.bat and I try to click it and it does not work??
              > Thanks,
              > Jabe

              Always give some clue *why* it does not work, and what the error message
              was. We weren't there, and ain't mind readers. :)

              But for writing to rw cdrom then I suspect that you might like to
              investigate The Nero command line tool NeroCmd.exe or the DAO suite from
              www.goldenhawk.com, or a freeware suite which is/was cdrecord.

              I doubt that Windows can use standard tools to write to cdr.

              CreateCD - Windows XP and Windows 2003 command line CD Recording utility
              Alex Feinman - is another.

              > Bob Bissinnar wrote:
              >
              >> Greetings Jabe!
              >>
              >>>I need your help again. I am using Windows XP. I want to copy files from
              >>>C:\MyBackup\*.* to D:\
              >>
              >>>@echo off
              >>>Echo
              >>>Xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\
              >>
              >> Appears to me you have it correct in the question portion of your post.
              >> try:
              >>
              >> @echo off
              >> Echo
              >> Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\
              >>
              >> Best wishes

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Mic
            • Bob Bissinnar
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 3 5:27 PM
                At 09:44 PM 11/2/2005 -0600, Jabe Fincher Writes
                >This does not work??? I copied it exactly as you have it typed?

                Jabe,
                Then we have other issues to deal with. The syntax you posted should work.

                I use w98se and can't help further. Curious though, Can you write to your
                D: drive? What happens when you try (from a C:\ command line)

                echo hello world >d:\jabe.txt

                Do you find a file named jabe.txt?

                best wishes
              • bbferrier
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 4 1:36 AM
                  ______________________My top oriented reply__________
                  Hi Jabe, Bob and all
                  I hope I'm in the right place in this thread. Top/bottom reply, where
                  to reply etc. I don't want unwittingly romp on anyone or violate
                  protocall ;)

                  I agree with Bob: there are other issues for you to address. If he
                  won't give up on you then I won't either.......

                  1. How do you execute you batch file?
                  Windows Command.com command line keyboard entry...
                  putting it into your C: Autoexec.bat file...
                  putting it into your Windows startup folder...
                  mouse clicking on a shortcut to your batch file in Windows?
                  I'm wondering if your Windows operating system is trying to edge you
                  out....

                  2. Can you copy anything at all to your d: drive in DOS?

                  3. If you can't __copy filename.txt D:__ then can you do it with a
                  system floppy disk (Windows startup disk) prior to entering Windows on
                  a boot-up?

                  Ruth and old bob
                  --.-
                  ________________original message below____________________

                  --- In batchworld@yahoogroups.com, Bob Bissinnar <bobbissinnar@e...>
                  wrote:

                  > At 09:44 PM 11/2/2005 -0600, Jabe Fincher Writes
                  > >This does not work??? I copied it exactly as you have it typed?
                  >
                  > Jabe,
                  > Then we have other issues to deal with. The syntax you posted should
                  work.

                  > I use w98se and can't help further. Curious though, Can you write to
                  your
                  > D: drive? What happens when you try (from a C:\ command line)
                  >
                  > echo hello world >d:\jabe.txt
                  >
                  > Do you find a file named jabe.txt?
                  >
                  > best wishes

                • Derek Byrne
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 4 1:55 AM
                    Howdo..

                    Hi All.. I have to ask.. is your D: Drive a CD Writeable Drive?

                    Normally, using DOS, you can't write files directly to a CDROM (flames
                    welcome, hi Bob :o) unless there is a 3rd party solution which allows
                    writing to CDs via DOS.

                    Funny pillow this - looks more like a chopping block! :oP

                    Derek

                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 4 7:52 AM
                      Hello,
                      Yes, the D: drive is CD Writable/DVD writable.
                      Thanks,
                      Jabe

                      Derek Byrne wrote:

                      > Howdo..
                      >
                      > Hi All.. I have to ask.. is your D: Drive a CD Writeable Drive?
                      >
                      > Normally, using DOS, you can't write files directly to a CDROM (flames
                      > welcome, hi Bob :o) unless there is a 3rd party solution which allows
                      > writing to CDs via DOS.
                      >
                      > Funny pillow this - looks more like a chopping block! :oP
                      >
                      > Derek

                    • Jabe Fincher
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 4 7:55 AM
                        Hi,
                        To answer your questions:
                        1. text file with .bat extension and I click on it and nothing works (a
                        scrren very briefly shows but it is too fast to read??)
                        of your choices the mouse click to shortcut is it...
                        2. I do not think so.
                        3.Don't know about #3
                        Thanks for all ideas.
                        Jabe

                        bbferrier wrote:

                        > ______________________My top oriented reply__________
                        > Hi Jabe, Bob and all
                        > I hope I'm in the right place in this thread. Top/bottom reply, where
                        > to reply etc. I don't want unwittingly romp on anyone or violate
                        > protocall ;)
                        >
                        > I agree with Bob: there are other issues for you to address. If he
                        > won't give up on you then I won't either.......
                        >
                        > 1. How do you execute you batch file?
                        > Windows Command.com command line keyboard entry...
                        > putting it into your C: Autoexec.bat file...
                        > putting it into your Windows startup folder...
                        > mouse clicking on a shortcut to your batch file in Windows?
                        > I'm wondering if your Windows operating system is trying to edge you
                        > out....
                        >
                        > 2. Can you copy anything at all to your d: drive in DOS?
                        >
                        > 3. If you can't __copy filename.txt D:__ then can you do it with a
                        > system floppy disk (Windows startup disk) prior to entering Windows on
                        > a boot-up?
                        >
                        > Ruth and old bob
                        > --.-
                        > ________________original message below____________________
                        >

                        > --- In batchworld@yahoogroups.com, Bob Bissinnar <bobbissinnar@e...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > At 09:44 PM 11/2/2005 -0600, Jabe Fincher Writes
                        > > >This does not work??? I copied it exactly as you have it typed?
                        > >
                        > > Jabe,
                        > > Then we have other issues to deal with. The syntax you posted should
                        > work.
                        > >
                        > > I use w98se and can't help further. Curious though, Can you write to
                        > your
                        > > D: drive? What happens when you try (from a C:\ command line)
                        > >
                        > > echo hello world >d:\jabe.txt
                        > >
                        > > Do you find a file named jabe.txt?
                        > >
                        > > best wishes

                      • Derek Byrne
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 4 8:20 AM
                          Jabe,
                          Change your batch file to be as follows (without the ---Being--- and
                          ---End---).
                          The Pause will show you what is happening on-screen.
                          Basically, when I try to copy files to my cd-re-writer I get the
                          following :

                          G:\>xcopy *.exe h:
                          Invalid drive specification
                          0 File(s) copied

                          ---Begin---
                          @echo off
                          Echo
                          Xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\
                          End
                          pause
                          ---END---

                          Derek

                          bbferrier wrote:

                          > ______________________My top oriented reply__________ Hi Jabe, Bob and

                          > all I hope I'm in the right place in this thread. Top/bottom reply,
                          > where to reply etc. I don't want unwittingly romp on anyone or violate

                          > protocall ;)
                          >
                          > I agree with Bob: there are other issues for you to address. If he
                          > won't give up on you then I won't either.......
                          >
                          > 1. How do you execute you batch file?
                          > Windows Command.com command line keyboard entry...
                          > putting it into your C: Autoexec.bat file...
                          > putting it into your Windows startup folder...
                          > mouse clicking on a shortcut to your batch file in Windows?
                          > I'm wondering if your Windows operating system is trying to edge you
                          > out....
                          >
                          > 2. Can you copy anything at all to your d: drive in DOS?
                          >
                          > 3. If you can't __copy filename.txt D:__ then can you do it with a
                          > system floppy disk (Windows startup disk) prior to entering Windows on

                          > a boot-up?
                          >
                          > Ruth and old bob
                          > --.-
                          > ________________original message below____________________
                          >

                          > --- In batchworld@yahoogroups.com, Bob Bissinnar <bobbissinnar@e...>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > At 09:44 PM 11/2/2005 -0600, Jabe Fincher Writes >This does not
                          > > work??? I copied it exactly as you have it typed?
                          > >
                          > > Jabe,
                          > > Then we have other issues to deal with. The syntax you posted should
                          > work.
                          > >
                          > > I use w98se and can't help further. Curious though, Can you write to
                          > your
                          > > D: drive? What happens when you try (from a C:\ command line)
                          > >
                          > > echo hello world >d:\jabe.txt
                          > >
                          > > Do you find a file named jabe.txt?
                          > >
                          > > best wishes

                          Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
                          page http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/D.ewlB/TM

                          Meteor web site http://www.meteor.ie
                        • Jabe Fincher
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 4 8:30 AM
                            Hi Derek,

                            This is what I get when I run it as you have below.

                            Echo is off
                            0 File<s> copied
                            'end' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
                            program or batch file.
                            Pressany key to continue...

                            The command screen vanishes when I press any key!
                            Thanks again,
                            Jabe

                          • Bob Bissinnar
                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 4 3:41 PM
                              Please swallow all liquids before reading.

                              At 09:55 AM 11/4/2005 +0000, Derek Byrne Writes
                              > Funny pillow this - looks more like a chopping block! :oP

                              Starting to smell the sulfur Derek? Your flame is being xcopied to my cdrom
                              as I type. I suggest you don that asbestos thong I sent you last Christmas.
                              And please, no JPG's this time. <Whew!>

                              Jabe,

                              Do you have files in your c:\mybackup folder or sub folders where the files
                              are located? How did the files get to the c:\mybackup folder? Do the files
                              have the S (system) or H (hidden) attribute turned on?

                              try:

                              xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\ /s/h

                              The S switch copies folders and sub folders except for those that are empty
                              and the H switch copies system and hidden files.

                              Caution:
                              Don't get spastic with the plastic on your keyboard. Make sure you are in
                              the correct drive etc otherwise you'll be copying a bunch of files you
                              don't need.

                              Caveat Emptor
                              My batch suggestions have been known to cause tsunamis in Indonesia, mirth
                              and jocularity in Australia and potato famines in Ireland; though it
                              appears one potato head avoided the calamity of 1845.

                              Best wishes Jabe!
                            • bbferrier
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 5 8:05 PM
                                Hi Jabe
                                Try putting a slash between Mybackup and *.* in the xcop source folder
                                parameter.
                                Xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\
                                to Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\

                                Remove the echo off statement so you can see a report showing the
                                number of files copied. If the copy doesn't work then the report will
                                be zero files copied ........

                                If your D: isn't a disk drive then I don't know what will happen, but
                                for test purposes, you could use a known disk drive. Just be sure to
                                define the destimation parameter for the xcopy command as a folder and
                                not just the drive.......
                                Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\
                                to Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\target
                                or else you might splatter the contents of the c: root directory all
                                over the root directory of the destimation drive.
                                Its better send the contents of the copy command to a folder than the
                                root directory of the destination drive. Then you can get rid of it
                                easily after testing. If this warning doesn't make sense to you then
                                don't even try it.
                                Does it sound like I speak from experience?? ;)

                                Regards
                                Ruth and old bob

                                --- In batchworld@yahoogroups.com, Jabe Fincher <jabef@b...> wrote:

                                > Hi Derek,
                                >
                                > This is what I get when I run it as you have below.
                                >
                                > Echo is off
                                > 0 File<s> copied
                                > 'end' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
                                > program or batch file.
                                > Pressany key to continue...
                                >
                                > The command screen vanishes when I press any key!
                                > Thanks again,
                                > Jabe
                                >
                                > Derek Byrne wrote:
                                >
                                > > Jabe,
                                > > Change your batch file to be as follows (without the ---Being--- and
                                > > ---End---).
                                > > The Pause will show you what is happening on-screen.
                                > > Basically, when I try to copy files to my cd-re-writer I get the
                                > > following :
                                > >
                                > > G:\>xcopy *.exe h:
                                > > Invalid drive specification
                                > > 0 File(s) copied
                                > >
                                > > ---Begin---
                                > > @echo off
                                > > Echo
                                > > Xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\
                                > > End
                                > > pause
                                > > ---END---
                                > >
                                > > Derek

                              • Christian Rodriguez
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 7 6:10 AM
                                  Ok guys stop this, you can not directly write to a CD/RW drive with
                                  xcopy, copy, robocopy or any of the copies. You need 3rd party tools to
                                  be able to accomplish this.

                                  Try using google to find "how to copy files to a CDRW from the command
                                  prompt"

                                  I use nerocmd.exe, but I am not sure if you have NERO (you need to
                                  purchase this). Google might give you a free alternative.

                                  ________________________________

                                  Try putting a slash between Mybackup and *.* in the xcop source folder
                                  parameter.
                                  Xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\
                                  to Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\

                                  Remove the echo off statement so you can see a report showing the
                                  number of files copied. If the copy doesn't work then the report will
                                  be zero files copied ........

                                  If your D: isn't a disk drive then I don't know what will happen, but
                                  for test purposes, you could use a known disk drive. Just be sure to
                                  define the destimation parameter for the xcopy command as a folder and
                                  not just the drive.......
                                  Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\
                                  to Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\target
                                  or else you might splatter the contents of the c: root directory all
                                  over the root directory of the destimation drive.
                                  Its better send the contents of the copy command to a folder than the
                                  root directory of the destination drive. Then you can get rid of it
                                  easily after testing. If this warning doesn't make sense to you then
                                  don't even try it.
                                  Does it sound like I speak from experience?? ;)

                                  Regards
                                  Ruth and old bob

                                  --- In batchworld@yahoogroups.com, Jabe Fincher <jabef@b...> wrote:

                                  > Hi Derek,
                                  >
                                  > This is what I get when I run it as you have below.
                                  >
                                  > Echo is off
                                  > 0 File<s> copied
                                  > 'end' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
                                  > program or batch file.
                                  > Pressany key to continue...
                                  >
                                  > The command screen vanishes when I press any key!
                                  > Thanks again,
                                  > Jabe
                                  >
                                  > Derek Byrne wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Jabe,
                                  > > Change your batch file to be as follows (without the ---Being---
                                  and
                                  > > ---End---).
                                  > > The Pause will show you what is happening on-screen.
                                  > > Basically, when I try to copy files to my cd-re-writer I get the
                                  > > following :
                                  > >
                                  > > G:\>xcopy *.exe h:
                                  > > Invalid drive specification
                                  > > 0 File(s) copied
                                  > >
                                  > > ---Begin---
                                  > > @echo off
                                  > > Echo
                                  > > Xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\
                                  > > End
                                  > > pause
                                  > > ---END---
                                  > >
                                  > > Derek

                                • Josh Fitzgerald
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 7 6:23 AM
                                    Actually, if you have Nero InCD or Roxio DirectCD installed, you can write to a CDRW using copy, xcopy, robocopy, etc.

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 7 9:08 AM
                                      Have you actually tried this?

                                      Can you actually insert a new CRW cd into the drive, drop to a cmd
                                      prompt and copy a file to it?

                                      I can't ????

                                      ________________________________

                                      Actually, if you have Nero InCD or Roxio DirectCD installed, you can
                                      write to a CDRW using copy, xcopy, robocopy, etc.

                                      Try putting a slash between Mybackup and *.* in the xcop source folder
                                      parameter.
                                      Xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\
                                      to Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\

                                      Remove the echo off statement so you can see a report showing the
                                      number of files copied. If the copy doesn't work then the report will
                                      be zero files copied ........

                                      If your D: isn't a disk drive then I don't know what will happen, but
                                      for test purposes, you could use a known disk drive. Just be sure to
                                      define the destimation parameter for the xcopy command as a folder and
                                      not just the drive.......
                                      Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\
                                      to Xcopy C:\Mybackup\*.* D:\target
                                      or else you might splatter the contents of the c: root directory all
                                      over the root directory of the destimation drive.
                                      Its better send the contents of the copy command to a folder than the
                                      root directory of the destination drive. Then you can get rid of it
                                      easily after testing. If this warning doesn't make sense to you then
                                      don't even try it.
                                      Does it sound like I speak from experience?? ;)

                                      Regards
                                      Ruth and old bob

                                      --- In batchworld@yahoogroups.com, Jabe Fincher <jabef@b...> wrote:

                                      > Hi Derek,
                                      >
                                      > This is what I get when I run it as you have below.
                                      >
                                      > Echo is off
                                      > 0 File<s> copied
                                      > 'end' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
                                      > program or batch file.
                                      > Pressany key to continue...
                                      >
                                      > The command screen vanishes when I press any key!
                                      > Thanks again,
                                      > Jabe
                                      >
                                      > Derek Byrne wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > Jabe,
                                      > > Change your batch file to be as follows (without the ---Being---
                                      and
                                      > > ---End---).
                                      > > The Pause will show you what is happening on-screen.
                                      > > Basically, when I try to copy files to my cd-re-writer I get the
                                      > > following :
                                      > >
                                      > > G:\>xcopy *.exe h:
                                      > > Invalid drive specification
                                      > > 0 File(s) copied
                                      > >
                                      > > ---Begin---
                                      > > @echo off
                                      > > Echo
                                      > > Xcopy C:\Mybackup*.* D:\
                                      > > End
                                      > > pause
                                      > > ---END---
                                      > >
                                      > > Derek

                                      -
                                      This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or may
                                      be CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE
                                      PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the use
                                      of the addressee(s) named herein. If you are not an
                                      intended recipient, please send an email immediately to
                                      postmaster@... and take the steps necessary to delete the message
                                      completely from your computer system.

                                      Service.

                                      ________________________________

                                    • Andy Brookfield
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 7 9:22 AM
                                        I've got InCD from Nero loaded, and yes, you can treat the cd/dvd drive just
                                        like a normal disk (use DVD-RW personally)..

                                        For more details, goto

                                        http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/eng/InCD_4.html

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 7 12:48 PM
                                          Yes, I can. I do it quite regularly to backup my files. I typically use robocopy, but the others will work too.

                                          Josh

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 7 7:23 PM
                                            On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:48:06 -0500, Josh Fitzgerald wrote:

                                            I think the point is it needs to be formatted before use.
                                            I use nerocmd but never use cdrw.

                                            > Yes, I can. I do it quite regularly to backup my files. I typically use
                                            > robocopy, but the others will work too.
                                            >
                                            > Josh ----- Original Message ----- From: Christian Rodriguez To:
                                            > batchworld@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 12:08 PM
                                            > Subject: RE: [BATCH WORLD] Re: so simple???
                                            >

                                            > Have you actually tried this?
                                            >
                                            > Can you actually insert a new CRW cd into the drive, drop to a cmd
                                            > prompt and copy a file to it?
                                            >

                                            > I can't ????

                                            Mic
                                          • conisoru
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 7 8:49 PM
                                              Can you tell me if you ever tried to save your backup in multisession
                                              mode with the possibility to refresh your compilation on every
                                              session, and how can you do this ?

                                              With Nero in GUI mode I can do this but with nerocmd I never
                                              succeded. On every session I made, even if I've removed from the hard
                                              disk some files or directories, on the DVD-RW media the files are
                                              still there.

                                              > Yes, I can. I do it quite regularly to backup my files. I
                                              typically use robocopy, but the others will work too.

                                              > Josh

                                            • Josh Fitzgerald
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 8 4:23 AM
                                                Sorry, but I can't help you there. I always re-format the DVD-RW before copying my files.

                                                Josh
                                                Can you tell me if you ever tried to save your backup in multisession
                                                mode with the possibility to refresh your compilation on every
                                                session, and how can you do this ?

                                                With Nero in GUI mode I can do this but with nerocmd I never
                                                succeded. On every session I made, even if I've removed from the hard
                                                disk some files or directories, on the DVD-RW media the files are
                                                still there.

                                                > Yes, I can. I do it quite regularly to backup my files. I
                                                typically use robocopy, but the others will work too.

                                                > Josh

                                              • coni
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Nov 10 1:03 AM
                                                  Don't you know if I could do that refreshing
                                                  compilation stuff with nerocmd ?

                                                  I found another solution to backup my files with
                                                  refreshing data. Actualy I'm syncronizing my files
                                                  from the hard with those on DVD. I format a DVD with
                                                  InCD and than robocopy do the job. The greatest
                                                  advantage is that this syncronizing is taking very few
                                                  time because my backup it has 3GB but I copy only the
                                                  files that had been modified ;). You should try this.

                                                  But, I would like to know how to do this job with
                                                  nerocmd and multisession.

                                                  In case you want to study the InCD matter, find out if
                                                  I could format the DVD's from command line :D

                                                  Thank you and good luck !

                                                  http://farechase.yahoo.com