Re: [BATCH WORLD] cmd /k "batch file" ; environment variable

  • mercykamal
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005

      > Hai All
      any one tell me how to zip or compress folder and subfolder through dos
      --
      MercyKamal

    • Michael Burek
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
        As far as I know, you still have to download a program with a command
        line interface. PkZip has been around a long time. Just search on
        google for zip program command line, and you'll see plenty listed.

        mercykamal wrote:

        >> Hai All
        >>

        >any one tell me how to zip or compress folder and subfolder through dos
        >--
        >MercyKamal

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Morris, Lamar
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
          Winzip has a free command line module that I use, you can download it
          off their web page.

          The following will zip files in a sub directory, run from a batch file.

          "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZZIP.EXE" -a -ex -Jhrs -whs -P -r
          C:\subdirectoryname\*.* c:\newdirectoryname\filename"

          You can get the different switches by typing wzzip /? After install.

          You may not need all the switches I have defined.

          Lamar

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2005
            Thanks for the tip. cmd /c didn't do what I needed. Doskey /reinstall
            works fine.
            --- In batchworld@yahoogroups.com, Michael Burek <mike@m...> wrote:
            > Looking at the syntax for cmd and doskey in WinXP:
            >
            > For cmd, use the /c instead of /k option.
            > /k keeps the new cmd.exe (and history) in memory.
            > /c will close the new cmd.exe (and history from the new cmd.exe)
            > at least, that what it seems like on my system.
            >
            > Also, you can reset doskey with:
            > doskey /reinstall
            > but then you lose everthing
            >

            > sam20martin wrote:
            >
            > >All:
            > >
            > >Bat1 listing
            > >cmd /k "bat2"
            > >
            > >Bat2 listing
            > >set /p=var
            > >findstr /i "%var%" file
            > >exit
            > >
            > >Now .. I find that %var% is retained in Bat2's command history the
            next
            > >time I run Bat1. I can arrow up in the bat2 shell and sure enuff,
            > >there's my search term, which I had expected to be scrubbed.
            Obviously