Re: [BATCH WORLD] cmd /k "batch file" ; environment variable

  • Michael Burek
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2005
      Looking at the syntax for cmd and doskey in WinXP:

      For cmd, use the /c instead of /k option.
      /k keeps the new cmd.exe (and history) in memory.
      /c will close the new cmd.exe (and history from the new cmd.exe)
      at least, that what it seems like on my system.

      Also, you can reset doskey with:
      doskey /reinstall
      but then you lose everthing

      sam20martin wrote:

      >All:
      >
      >Bat1 listing
      >cmd /k "bat2"
      >
      >Bat2 listing
      >set /p=var
      >findstr /i "%var%" file
      >exit
      >
      >Now .. I find that %var% is retained in Bat2's command history the next
      >time I run Bat1. I can arrow up in the bat2 shell and sure enuff,
      >there's my search term, which I had expected to be scrubbed. Obviously
      >I could set var= in Bat2 before I exit, but I'm mighty curious about
      >this.
      >W2KPro, SP4
      >
      >TGIF

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • mercykamal
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005

        > Hai All
        any one tell me how to zip or compress folder and subfolder through dos
        --
        MercyKamal

      • Michael Burek
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
          As far as I know, you still have to download a program with a command
          line interface. PkZip has been around a long time. Just search on
          google for zip program command line, and you'll see plenty listed.

          mercykamal wrote:

          >> Hai All
          >>

          >any one tell me how to zip or compress folder and subfolder through dos
          >--
          >MercyKamal

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Morris, Lamar
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
            Winzip has a free command line module that I use, you can download it
            off their web page.

            The following will zip files in a sub directory, run from a batch file.

            "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZZIP.EXE" -a -ex -Jhrs -whs -P -r
            C:\subdirectoryname\*.* c:\newdirectoryname\filename"

            You can get the different switches by typing wzzip /? After install.

            You may not need all the switches I have defined.

            Lamar

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 2005
              Thanks for the tip. cmd /c didn't do what I needed. Doskey /reinstall
              works fine.