[BATCH WORLD] Checking Registry entry

  • steven.lewin@sanlam.co.za
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2001
      Try using the Reg.exe app I think it's part of the Nt Resource kit.

      Eg: reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\VB and VBA Program Settings\Marlborough
      Stirling\Lamda\METADATA SERVER NAME"

      except where the sender specifically states them to be those of Sanlam, to
      whom no liability shall attach whatsoever.
    • Jim Knopf
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2001
        Export the registry key and FIND the entry, for example:

        :: + all cmdlines start here
        :: |
        :: v
        :: Is Netscape Communicator 4.75 installed?
        set App=Netscape Communicator 4.75
        start /wait REGEDIT /e %TEMP%.\~tmp
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
        FIND "DisplayName" < %TEMP%.\~tmp | FIND /v "QuietDisplayName" | FIND /i
        "%App%"
        if NOT errorlevel 1 echo %App% is installed
        if errorlevel 1 echo %App% is not installed
        del %TEMP%.\~tmp

        Works in Windows 9x/NT/2K
        __ _ _
        |_ |_)(__ http://www.fpschultze.de