Re: [BATCH WORLD] Checking Registry entry

  • Lamar Morris
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2001
      Lamar Morris wrote:

      The following requires reg.exe out of the NT resource kit. The below snipit
      gives you version and sp level of NT4.0.

      REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CSDVersion"
      \\servername >> sp.txt

      The syntax is rather large.

      U:\>reg /?

      Command-line registry manipulation utility version 1.05.
      Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1997. All rights reserved.

      REG operation <Parameter List>

      operation [ QUERY | ADD | UPDATE | DELETE | COPY |
      SAVE | BACKUP | RESTORE | LOAD | UNLOAD ]

      For help on a specific operation type:
      REG operation /?

      Examples:

      REG QUERY /?
      REG ADD /?
      REG UPDATE /?
      REG DELETE /?
      REG COPY /?
      REG SAVE /?
      REG BACKUP /?
      REG RESTORE /?
      REG LOAD /?
      REG UNLOAD /?

      >hi,
      > I want to be able to check a registry entry through a batch file.
      >Does anyone have any idea as to how to do it. Please respond ASAP as
      >this is very important.
      >Thank You
      >
      >Regards

      Lamar Morris
      Phone: 972-927-7169
      Pager: 888-938-3188
      Texas Instruments Inc.
      Dallas East Computer Engineering
    • steven.lewin@sanlam.co.za
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2001
        Try using the Reg.exe app I think it's part of the Nt Resource kit.

        Eg: reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\VB and VBA Program Settings\Marlborough
        Stirling\Lamda\METADATA SERVER NAME"

        except where the sender specifically states them to be those of Sanlam, to
        whom no liability shall attach whatsoever.
      • Jim Knopf
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2001
          Export the registry key and FIND the entry, for example:

          :: + all cmdlines start here
          :: |
          :: v
          :: Is Netscape Communicator 4.75 installed?
          set App=Netscape Communicator 4.75
          start /wait REGEDIT /e %TEMP%.\~tmp
          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
          FIND "DisplayName" < %TEMP%.\~tmp | FIND /v "QuietDisplayName" | FIND /i
          "%App%"
          if NOT errorlevel 1 echo %App% is installed
          if errorlevel 1 echo %App% is not installed
          del %TEMP%.\~tmp

          Works in Windows 9x/NT/2K
          __ _ _
          |_ |_)(__ http://www.fpschultze.de