Re: [BATCH WORLD] Random Screensaver

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2005
      On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:47:47 -0400, Bob Bissinnar wrote:

      > At 08:27 PM 7/29/2005 +1000, foxidrive Writes
      > >Enjoy!
      >
      > Creative script Mic! Nice use of PING! Leave it to you to come up with some
      > solutions before a problem exists! <grin>

      hehe. ta.

      > 1. start "" "%%a" /s
      > Haven't seen the S switch before. Something new in OS's above WIN98?

      Yes, it starts the screensaver otherwise (from limited testing) without it,
      it will enter the screensavers configuration dialogue if it has one.

      > 2. if /i "%%~nxa"=="Blank Screen.scr" %0
      > if /i "%%~nxa"=="scrnsave.scr" %0
      > Trying to avoid a blank screen so that the script does not appear to fail
      > or is that used to refresh the screen? Maybe I missed some there.

      Nope, you didn't miss anything! Sharp as a tack, as always.

      > 3. Are you still using screen savers?

      Blank screensavers, mostly. But I do enjoy a nice screen saver - the
      Marine aquarium is a lovely piece of work!

      > 4. Request: How about a random number generator that will pick a winning
      > Lotto number between the numbers one and fifty. (Please note the word
      > winning :)

      Hmmm... would you believe that I've had that one in alpha form for the
      last 10 years - but I just can't iron out the bugs in it! :)

      Mic