Re: [BATCH WORLD] (unknown)

    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 31, 2004
      On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 01:29:32 +1000, you wrote:

      Sorry to duplicate your post, Sam - I am still having difficulty with
      non-receipt of batchworld messages.

      > On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:34:54 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:
      >
      >> all:
      >> i want to have a script which will run a reg query against a server, and
      >> then also echo which server it is looking at. in this example, i'd like
      >> to have the results of:
      >>
      >> severname
      >> query result
      >> servername
      >> queryresult
      >>

      >> here's my loop:
      >>
      >> for /f %%i in (c:\temp\server.txt) do reg query
      >> "\\%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v
      >> CurrentVersion >>c:\temp\result.txt
      >>

      >> this works fine, but i want to have it also echo the value of %%1 before
      >> each query result is sent to c:\temp\result.txt
      >>
      >> Any suggestion?
      >
      > Watch for wrapping (and avoid the use of i l and o as variable names)
      > Untested:
      >

      > for /f %%i in (c:\temp\server.txt) do (
      > echo %%i >>c:\temp\result.txt
      > reg query "\\%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v CurrentVersion >>c:\temp\result.txt
      > echo ================================== >>c:\temp\result.txt
      > )
    • northrup
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
        All: using a simple for loop, I can get disk use information from many
        windows machine using the 'srvinfo' command with: find "$".

        The result many files that look like this:
        servername.txt:
        C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813
        E$ NTFS 52086 47327 4759

        Any suggestion on how to get them to:
        servername.txt:
        servername C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813
        servername E$ NTFS 52086 47327 4759

        TIA!
        wilson
      • kcmjr@quasatron.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
          Wilson,
          Please post your script if you can so we have an idea what you're already
          doing. This should be fairly easy to accomplish since you must already
          have the names to connect to the machines in the first place. At least
          without seeing the I assume you do.

          Ken Mazie

        • dennis.p.morgan@verizon.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
            I'll save MIC a little trouble here. Show the code you have so he can
            determine what you are doing alread. Like how are you traversing to the
            different "ServerNames", etc. etc. etc. Are you collecting information
            from one O/S or are you multi-platform?

            "northrup" <northrup@...>
            03/04/2005 11:40 AM
            Please respond to batchworld

            To: batchworld@yahoogroups.com
            cc:

            All: using a simple for loop, I can get disk use information from many
            windows machine using the 'srvinfo' command with: find "$".

            The result many files that look like this:
            servername.txt:
            C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813
            E$ NTFS 52086 47327 4759

            Any suggestion on how to get them to:
            servername.txt:
            servername C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813
            servername E$ NTFS 52086 47327 4759

            TIA!
            wilson

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            To visit your group on the web, go to:

          • northrup
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
              this is all for windows at the moment. between that last message and this
              one i have this much using cygwin:

              for i in *.txt;do sed s/^/$i/ $i >$i~ && mv -f $i~ $i;done

              this gives me

              severname.txt C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813

              now i just have to remove the .txt and i'll be where i need to be.

            • dennis.p.morgan@verizon.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
                Windows has a environmental variable %hostname% . Perhaps the variable
                could be prepended to the output statement.

                "northrup" <northrup@...>
                03/04/2005 12:32 PM
                Please respond to batchworld

                To: batchworld@yahoogroups.com
                cc:
                Subject: Re: [BATCH WORLD]

                this is all for windows at the moment. between that last message and this

                one i have this much using cygwin:

                for i in *.txt;do sed s/^/$i/ $i >$i~ && mv -f $i~ $i;done

                this gives me

                severname.txt C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813

                now i just have to remove the .txt and i'll be where i need to be.

                On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 dennis.p.morgan@... wrote:

                > I'll save MIC a little trouble here. Show the code you have so he can
                > determine what you are doing alread. Like how are you traversing to the

                > different "ServerNames", etc. etc. etc. Are you collecting information
                > from one O/S or are you multi-platform?
                >

                > "northrup" <northrup@...>
                > 03/04/2005 11:40 AM
                > Please respond to batchworld
                >
                > To: batchworld@yahoogroups.com
                > cc:
                > Subject: [BATCH WORLD]
                >

                > All: using a simple for loop, I can get disk use information from many
                > windows machine using the 'srvinfo' command with: find "$".
                >
                > The result many files that look like this:
                > servername.txt:
                > C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813
                > E$ NTFS 52086 47327 4759
                >

                > Any suggestion on how to get them to:
                > servername.txt:
                > servername C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813
                > servername E$ NTFS 52086 47327 4759
                >

                > TIA!
                > wilson

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Yahoo! Groups Links
                To visit your group on the web, go to:

              • Mic
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
                  On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:40:20 -0500 (EST), northrup wrote:

                  > All: using a simple for loop, I can get disk use information from many
                  > windows machine using the 'srvinfo' command with: find "$".
                  >
                  > The result many files that look like this:
                  > servername.txt:
                  > C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813
                  > E$ NTFS 52086 47327 4759
                  >

                  > Any suggestion on how to get them to:
                  > servername.txt:
                  > servername C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813
                  > servername E$ NTFS 52086 47327 4759
                  >

                  > TIA!
                  > wilson

                  What the guys are suggesting is that you could create the files and include
                  the server name in the initial step, as you already know the servername at
                  that stage.

                  Something like this

                  @echo off
                  for /f "delims=" %%a in (serverlist.txt) do (
                  for /f "delims=" %%b in ('srvinfo \\%%a^|find "$"') do (
                  >>output.txt echo \\%%a %%b
                  )
                  )

                  Mic
                • kcmjr@quasatron.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
                    Wilson,
                    You may want to stay within the Windows environment and not use the Cygwin
                    interface for this. How are you getting your list of systems to check?
                    Do you have a pre-existing text file? Are you scanning the network?
                    There must be some way you are determining which systems to scan. Once we
                    know the answer to this we can determine the best way to edit your output.

                    Ken Mazie

                    this is all for windows at the moment. between that last message and this

                    one i have this much using cygwin:

                    for i in *.txt;do sed s/^/$i/ $i >$i~ && mv -f $i~ $i;done

                    this gives me

                    severname.txt C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813

                    now i just have to remove the .txt and i'll be where i need to be.

                    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 dennis.p.morgan@... wrote:

                    > I'll save MIC a little trouble here. Show the code you have so he can
                    > determine what you are doing alread. Like how are you traversing to the

                    > different "ServerNames", etc. etc. etc. Are you collecting information
                    > from one O/S or are you multi-platform?
                    >

                    > "northrup" <northrup@...>
                    > 03/04/2005 11:40 AM
                    > Please respond to batchworld
                    >
                    > To: batchworld@yahoogroups.com
                    > cc:
                    > Subject: [BATCH WORLD]
                    >

                    > All: using a simple for loop, I can get disk use information from many
                    > windows machine using the 'srvinfo' command with: find "$".
                    >
                    > The result many files that look like this:
                    > servername.txt:
                    > C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813
                    > E$ NTFS 52086 47327 4759
                    >

                    > Any suggestion on how to get them to:
                    > servername.txt:
                    > servername C$ NTFS 17289 12476 4813
                    > servername E$ NTFS 52086 47327 4759
                    >

                    > TIA!
                    > wilson

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • northrup
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
                      ok, i can stay in the windows enviornment. I would simply then be
                      creating a list by:

                      for /f %a in (srvlist.txt) do srvinfo \\%a |find "$" > %a.txt

                      That would give me the disk information for each, each server name would
                      then be identified by the name of the text file.

                      wilson

                    • dennis.p.morgan@verizon.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
                        I'd stick with the program Mic provided you (or some variation of it).
                        You'd want the resulting data in one (1) file. Presuming that you will be
                        running some test against that file that would spit out the hostnames that
                        don't qualify. Probably where you are heading.

                        "northrup" <northrup@...>
                        03/04/2005 01:20 PM
                        Please respond to batchworld

                        To: batchworld@yahoogroups.com
                        cc:

                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
                          actually this works quite well. Thanks Mic.

                          On Sat, 5 Mar 2005, Mic wrote:

                          > What the guys are suggesting is that you could create the files and include
                          > the server name in the initial step, as you already know the servername at
                          > that stage.
                          >
                          > Something like this
                          >
                          > @echo off
                          > for /f "delims=" %%a in (serverlist.txt) do (
                          > for /f "delims=" %%b in ('srvinfo \\%%a^|find "$"') do (
                          > >>output.txt echo \\%%a %%b
                          > )
                          > )

                        • Derek Byrne
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jan 26, 2007
                            Hey Everyone!!!

                            Just a quick shout out to Bob and Mic - hope ye's are keeping well
                            over yonder.

                            As for me question - I have to search over 100 computers to find out
                            what proxy they use, but I can't seem to find the proper registry key
                            which is generic for all computers. There is a mix between Windows 2000
                            and Windows XP.

                            If I run the following from the CMD prompt:

                            reg query "HKCU\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET
                            SETTINGS" | find "ProxyServer"

                            I get the following:
                            ProxyServer REG_SZ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx
                            (it comes up with the proper proxy)

                            I reckon that WSH might be able to search properly, but is there a way
                            to do so with batch files? Just found KiXtart, anyone know if this can
                            do the trick?

                            Cheers for any help guys (and gals),

                            Derek

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 26, 2007
                              On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:06:16 -0000, "Derek Byrne" <Derek.Byrne@...>
                              wrote:

                              >Hey Everyone!!!
                              >
                              > Just a quick shout out to Bob and Mic - hope ye's are keeping well
                              >over yonder.

                              Bob isn't over this yonder, he's in that yonder. At least he's stopped
                              filtering my email! ;-)

                              > As for me question - I have to search over 100 computers to find out
                              >what proxy they use, but I can't seem to find the proper registry key
                              >which is generic for all computers. There is a mix between Windows 2000
                              >and Windows XP.
                              >
                              > If I run the following from the CMD prompt:
                              >
                              >reg query "HKCU\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET
                              >SETTINGS" | find "ProxyServer"
                              >
                              > I get the following:
                              > ProxyServer REG_SZ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx
                              >(it comes up with the proper proxy)

                              Is that not the information you require, Derek?
                            • Gary Kuznitz
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 26, 2007
                                On 26 Jan 2007 at 9:06, Derek (Derek Byrne <batchworld@yahoogroups.com>)
                                commented about [BATCH WORLD]:

                                > As for me question - I have to search over 100 computers to find out
                                > what proxy they use, but I can't seem to find the proper registry key
                                > which is generic for all computers. There is a mix between Windows 2000
                                > and Windows XP.
                                >
                                > If I run the following from the CMD prompt:
                                >
                                > reg query "HKCU\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET
                                > SETTINGS" | find "ProxyServer"
                                >
                                > I get the following:
                                > ProxyServer REG_SZ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx
                                > (it comes up with the proper proxy)
                                >
                                > I reckon that WSH might be able to search properly, but is there a way
                                > to do so with batch files? Just found KiXtart, anyone know if this can
                                > do the trick?

                                I don't know about batch or KiXtart. I do know you can do it with AutoIt.

                                Gary Kuznitz

                                > Cheers for any help guys (and gals),
                                >
                                > Derek

                                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              • Derek Byrne
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jan 29, 2007
                                  Hi Gary,

                                  I think I use an App somewhere that uses AutoIt.

                                  Care to share? :o)

                                  Cheers,

                                  Derek

                                  ________________________________

                                  <mailto:batchworld%40yahoogroups.com> >)
                                  commented about [BATCH WORLD]:

                                  > As for me question - I have to search over 100 computers to find out
                                  > what proxy they use, but I can't seem to find the proper registry key
                                  > which is generic for all computers. There is a mix between Windows
                                  2000
                                  > and Windows XP.
                                  >
                                  > If I run the following from the CMD prompt:
                                  >
                                  > reg query "HKCU\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET
                                  > SETTINGS" | find "ProxyServer"
                                  >
                                  > I get the following:
                                  > ProxyServer REG_SZ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx
                                  > (it comes up with the proper proxy)
                                  >
                                  > I reckon that WSH might be able to search properly, but is there a way
                                  > to do so with batch files? Just found KiXtart, anyone know if this can
                                  > do the trick?

                                  I don't know about batch or KiXtart. I do know you can do it with
                                  AutoIt.

                                  Gary Kuznitz

                                  > Cheers for any help guys (and gals),
                                  >
                                  > Derek

                                  <mailto:batchworld%40eGroups.com>

                                  <mailto:batchworld-unsubscribe%40eGroups.com>
                                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                • Gary Kuznitz
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jan 31, 2007
                                    Hi Derek,

                                    Sorry for the delay...
                                    On 29 Jan 2007 at 11:22, Derek (Derek Byrne <batchworld@yahoogroups.com>)
                                    commented about RE: [BATCH WORLD]:

                                    > Hi Gary,
                                    >
                                    > I think I use an App somewhere that uses AutoIt.
                                    >
                                    > Care to share? :o)
                                    With AutoIt you can do this easily. You can get the script to find all PC's on
                                    the LAN from:
                                    http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33976&st=0&gopid=297177&#e
                                    ntry297177

                                    You should add what you want to do to each PC where it says "Add your code
                                    here". To read registry values you could use regread. The help file that gets
                                    installed with AutoIt will explain the command.

                                    To run your script you will need to install AutoIt on one PC. You can download
                                    it from:
                                    http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.php

                                    Even though AutoIt scripts are plain text and you can use any text editor I
                                    recommend you download and install the AutoIt Script Editor. It makes life a
                                    lot easier.

                                    HTH,

                                    Gary Kuznitz

                                    > Cheers,
                                    >
                                    > Derek
                                    >

                                    > ________________________________

                                  • pcdos2k
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jan 31, 2007
                                      sorry for hijacking this thread but i am looking for a
                                      DOS program similar to autoit. all i can find are
                                      keyboard macro stuffer. thanks.

                                      --- Gary Kuznitz <docfxit@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi Derek,
                                      >
                                      > Sorry for the delay...
                                      > On 29 Jan 2007 at 11:22, Derek (Derek Byrne
                                      > <batchworld@yahoogroups.com>)
                                      > commented about RE: [BATCH WORLD]:
                                      >
                                      > > Hi Gary,
                                      > >
                                      > > I think I use an App somewhere that uses AutoIt.
                                      > >
                                      > > Care to share? :o)
                                      > With AutoIt you can do this easily. You can get the
                                      > script to find all PC's on
                                      > the LAN from:

                                      http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33976&st=0&gopid=297177�e
                                      > ntry297177