Re: [BATCH WORLD] batch hacking challenge

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16, 2004
      On stardate Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:59:58 +0100, Captain Andy Streule spake
      thusly:

      > something we might be able to manage :-)
      >
      > http://www.infosecwriters.com/lost_ark.php

      I liked the story, Andy.

      I wonder why the hackers searched from the current directory, rather than
      searching the whole drive, and afaics they excluded all hidden/read only
      and system files. Some hackers. :)

    • Andy Streule
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2004
        i've just be finding out about alternate datastreams. my god, they're
        amazing. :-)

        On stardate Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:59:58 +0100, Captain Andy Streule spake
        thusly:

        > something we might be able to manage :-)
        >
        > http://www.infosecwriters.com/lost_ark.php

        I liked the story, Andy.

        I wonder why the hackers searched from the current directory, rather than
        searching the whole drive, and afaics they excluded all hidden/read only
        and system files. Some hackers. :)

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
        recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
        or take any action in reliance on its content.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16, 2004
          On stardate Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:44:09 +0100, Captain Andy Streule spake
          thusly:

          > i've just be finding out about alternate datastreams. my god, they're
          > amazing. :-)

          I've not used them as I use FAT32. This is a good synopsis of them, that I
          just read.

          http://www.martinlos.com/martinlos/mlblog.nsf/plinks/MLOS-5ZKRA7