Re: Help with Huge Crisis Hell.....

  • Sam Wallace
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28 8:02 AM
      Andy and Chris,

      The links were useful. I ran into a similar situation with Windows
      being able to recognize files that the file system it is on will
      support, but that it will not, or at least not directly, support. My
      situation a little less malicious that the hack described earlier in
      the thread, but I suspect the root flaw may be the same.

      When I ran a restore of some files from a ZIP file, I would end up
      with duplicate-named files in my directory. The file names had
      different cases for some of their characters. Windows will not
      normally allow this, but the version of PKZip that I was running at
      the time sure could. I had rights to everything, but it took a reboot
      or two to delete the duplicates and restore files from backup.

      Thanks,

      Sam

      http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=31278

      > or http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=293649

      > and finally a thread http://www.experts-
      exchange.com/Security/Win_Security/Q_20522545.html
      *****
      > i found this in google which should explain a few things:
      > http://home.hccnet.nl/m3ssi4h.rul3z/tutorials/basics/5-scanworld-
      basics.txt