Re: [BATCH WORLD] ACCESS DENIED

    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2004
      On stardate Wed, 19 May 2004 13:46:10 -0000, Captain gsl61 spake thusly:

      > Upon "rename" of a folder in my batch file I will receive "Access
      > Denied" when someone has the folder open. Is there a way to caputure
      > this and echo a more informative message.

      in NT you can redirect the stderr like so

      rd command 2>file.txt

      and test for the size of file.txt or for a specific message, and then echo
      what you want.

    • dennis.p.morgan@verizon.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2004
        Doesn't have "Rename" in the list. But, reading the article may help.

        http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q81/8/19.ASP&NoWebContent=1

        gsl61
        <glopez522@worlds To: batchworld@yahoogroups.com
        avings.com> cc:
        Subject: [BATCH WORLD] ACCESS DENIED
        05/19/2004 09:46
        AM
        Please respond to
        batchworld

        Upon "rename" of a folder in my batch file I will receive "Access
        Denied" when someone has the folder open. Is there a way to caputure
        this and echo a more informative message.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to: