ACCESS DENIED

  • gsl61
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2004
      Upon "rename" of a folder in my batch file I will receive "Access
      Denied" when someone has the folder open. Is there a way to caputure
      this and echo a more informative message.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2004
        On stardate Wed, 19 May 2004 13:46:10 -0000, Captain gsl61 spake thusly:

        > Upon "rename" of a folder in my batch file I will receive "Access
        > Denied" when someone has the folder open. Is there a way to caputure
        > this and echo a more informative message.

        in NT you can redirect the stderr like so

        rd command 2>file.txt

        and test for the size of file.txt or for a specific message, and then echo
        what you want.

      • dennis.p.morgan@verizon.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19, 2004
          Doesn't have "Rename" in the list. But, reading the article may help.

          http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q81/8/19.ASP&NoWebContent=1

          gsl61
          <glopez522@worlds To: batchworld@yahoogroups.com
          avings.com> cc:
          Subject: [BATCH WORLD] ACCESS DENIED
          05/19/2004 09:46
          AM
          Please respond to
          batchworld

          Upon "rename" of a folder in my batch file I will receive "Access
          Denied" when someone has the folder open. Is there a way to caputure
          this and echo a more informative message.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to: