Re: [BATCH WORLD] mem.exe

  • Daniel Antony Zachery Moore
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2000
      Yeah, I wouldn´t mind seeing the source if you are willing to share...
      Daniel.

      Rusty Mullin wrote:

      > Hey Folks,
      >
      > I have a program that I wrote that will survey your PC for you, transmit the
      > information to a central location, and then combine the survey results from
      > all of the machines into one spreadsheet. The program grabs all kinds of
      > information and is small enough (700k) to send to the users in email. It
      > lets you know a myriad of information without having to visit the desktops:
      > RAM, CPU Speed, Hard drive space (total and free), computer name, user
      > names, the list goes on and on. It takes about 30 seconds to run and will
      > prompt your users to answer questions if you like. Often, I just have it ask
      > for a name and telephone number to make it easy to identify the users. I
      > have used the program on 1000's of PCs without harming even 1 PC. I modify
      > the program for people to accomplish things I had not though of regularly,
      > such as grabbing software inventories or modifying or replacing files
      > (including the autoexec.bat). Pardon, the shameless plug, but let me know if
      > you would like to see a sample of the data and program. It has saved me
      > thousands of dollars in desktop visits.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Rusty
      >
      > >From: Dan Moore <dmoore@...>
      > >To: batchworld@egroups.com
      > >Subject: Re: [BATCH WORLD] mem.exe
      > >Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:00:49 -0500
      > >
      > >echo "mem > meminfo.tx" >> autoexec.bat
      > >
      > >Does that work in your version of windows?
      > >Daniel.
      > >

      > > > Christian Rodriguez wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Yes, Dan I wan to run mem > meminfo.txt from the autoexec.bat. I
      > > > need a way to insert the underlined line into the autoexec.bat

    • Dennis Stowe
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2000
        Hi Rusty...I would like to have a copy of your program also...It sounds
        like something I could really use. Thanks
        dbstowe@...

        I have a program that I wrote that will survey your PC for you, transmit the
        information to a central location, and then combine the survey results from
        all of the machines into one spreadsheet. The program grabs all kinds of
        information and is small enough (700k) to send to the users in email. It
        lets you know a myriad of information without having to visit the desktops:
        RAM, CPU Speed, Hard drive space (total and free), computer name, user
        names, the list goes on and on. It takes about 30 seconds to run and will
        prompt your users to answer questions if you like. Often, I just have it ask
        for a name and telephone number to make it easy to identify the users. I
        have used the program on 1000's of PCs without harming even 1 PC. I modify
        the program for people to accomplish things I had not though of regularly,
        such as grabbing software inventories or modifying or replacing files
        (including the autoexec.bat). Pardon, the shameless plug, but let me know if
        you would like to see a sample of the data and program. It has saved me
        thousands of dollars in desktop visits.

        Regards,

        Rusty

        >From: Dan Moore <dmoore@...>
        >To: batchworld@egroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [BATCH WORLD] mem.exe
        >Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:00:49 -0500
        >
        >echo "mem > meminfo.tx" >> autoexec.bat
        >
        >Does that work in your version of windows?
        >Daniel.
        >

        > > Christian Rodriguez wrote:
        > >
        > > Yes, Dan I wan to run mem > meminfo.txt from the autoexec.bat. I
        > > need a way to insert the underlined line into the autoexec.bat

      • Carver, Stacy
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2000
          Sounds great Rusty, I'd like to what you have if your willing to share.
          Thanks,

        • Jason Bias
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2000
            Sounds interesting Rusty. Wouldn't mind having a look.

            Jason Bias

            I have a program that I wrote that will survey your PC for you, transmit the

            information to a central location, and then combine the survey results from
            all of the machines into one spreadsheet. The program grabs all kinds of
            information and is small enough (700k) to send to the users in email. It
            lets you know a myriad of information without having to visit the desktops:
            RAM, CPU Speed, Hard drive space (total and free), computer name, user
            names, the list goes on and on. It takes about 30 seconds to run and will
            prompt your users to answer questions if you like. Often, I just have it ask

            for a name and telephone number to make it easy to identify the users. I
            have used the program on 1000's of PCs without harming even 1 PC. I modify
            the program for people to accomplish things I had not though of regularly,
            such as grabbing software inventories or modifying or replacing files
            (including the autoexec.bat). Pardon, the shameless plug, but let me know if

            you would like to see a sample of the data and program. It has saved me
            thousands of dollars in desktop visits.

            Regards,

            Rusty

            >From: Dan Moore <dmoore@...>
            >To: batchworld@egroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [BATCH WORLD] mem.exe
            >Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:00:49 -0500
            >
            >echo "mem > meminfo.tx" >> autoexec.bat
            >
            >Does that work in your version of windows?
            >Daniel.
            >

            > > Christian Rodriguez wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes, Dan I wan to run mem > meminfo.txt from the autoexec.bat. I
            > > need a way to insert the underlined line into the autoexec.bat

          • Barry Aronson
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2000
              Yes Rusty, I too would like to see that program you wrote. You did not
              know you would open "Pandora'a Box" for yourself when you offered to share
              with all of us did you? (:>)

              Regards,

              Barry

              At 11:58 PM 11/29/2000 +0000, you wrote:
              >Hey Folks,
              >
              >I have a program that I wrote that will survey your PC for you, transmit the
              >information to a central location, and then combine the survey results from
              >all of the machines into one spreadsheet. The program grabs all kinds of
              >information and is small enough (700k) to send to the users in email. It
              >lets you know a myriad of information without having to visit the desktops:
              >RAM, CPU Speed, Hard drive space (total and free), computer name, user
              >names, the list goes on and on. It takes about 30 seconds to run and will
              >prompt your users to answer questions if you like. Often, I just have it ask
              >for a name and telephone number to make it easy to identify the users. I
              >have used the program on 1000's of PCs without harming even 1 PC. I modify
              >the program for people to accomplish things I had not though of regularly,
              >such as grabbing software inventories or modifying or replacing files
              >(including the autoexec.bat). Pardon, the shameless plug, but let me know if
              >you would like to see a sample of the data and program. It has saved me
              >thousands of dollars in desktop visits.
              >
              >Regards,
              >
              >Rusty

              > > > eGroups Sponsor
              > > > [click here]

            • Lamar Morris
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2000
                Lamar Morris wrote:
                Send it to me too, please...thanks

                Lamar

                >Yes Rusty, I too would like to see that program you wrote. You did not
                >know you would open "Pandora'a Box" for yourself when you offered to share
                >with all of us did you? (:>)
                >
                >Regards,
                >
                >Barry
                >
                >At 11:58 PM 11/29/2000 +0000, you wrote:
                > >Hey Folks,
                > >
                > >I have a program that I wrote that will survey your PC for you, transmit the
                > >information to a central location, and then combine the survey results from
                > >all of the machines into one spreadsheet. The program grabs all kinds of
                > >information and is small enough (700k) to send to the users in email. It
                > >lets you know a myriad of information without having to visit the desktops:
                > >RAM, CPU Speed, Hard drive space (total and free), computer name, user
                > >names, the list goes on and on. It takes about 30 seconds to run and will
                > >prompt your users to answer questions if you like. Often, I just have it ask
                > >for a name and telephone number to make it easy to identify the users. I
                > >have used the program on 1000's of PCs without harming even 1 PC. I modify
                > >the program for people to accomplish things I had not though of regularly,
                > >such as grabbing software inventories or modifying or replacing files
                > >(including the autoexec.bat). Pardon, the shameless plug, but let me know if
                > >you would like to see a sample of the data and program. It has saved me
                > >thousands of dollars in desktop visits.
                > >
                > >Regards,
                > >
                > >Rusty

                Lamar Morris
                Phone: 972-927-7169
                Pager: 888-938-3188
                Texas Instruments Inc.
                Dallas East Computer Engineering
              • Schelske, Steve K.
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 1, 2000
                  Rusty,

                  How about adding it to the Files area at
                  http://www.egroups.com/files/batchworld/ ?

                  >Yes Rusty, I too would like to see that program you wrote. You did not
                  >know you would open "Pandora'a Box" for yourself when you offered to share
                  >with all of us did you? (:>)
                  >
                  >Regards,
                  >
                  >Barry
                  >
                  >At 11:58 PM 11/29/2000 +0000, you wrote:
                  > >Hey Folks,
                  > >
                  > >I have a program that I wrote that will survey your PC for you, transmit
                  the
                  > >information to a central location, and then combine the survey results
                  from
                  > >all of the machines into one spreadsheet. The program grabs all kinds of
                  > >information and is small enough (700k) to send to the users in email. It
                  > >lets you know a myriad of information without having to visit the
                  desktops:
                  > >RAM, CPU Speed, Hard drive space (total and free), computer name, user
                  > >names, the list goes on and on. It takes about 30 seconds to run and will
                  > >prompt your users to answer questions if you like. Often, I just have it
                  ask
                  > >for a name and telephone number to make it easy to identify the users. I
                  > >have used the program on 1000's of PCs without harming even 1 PC. I
                  modify
                  > >the program for people to accomplish things I had not though of
                  regularly,
                  > >such as grabbing software inventories or modifying or replacing files
                  > >(including the autoexec.bat). Pardon, the shameless plug, but let me know
                  if
                  > >you would like to see a sample of the data and program. It has saved me
                  > >thousands of dollars in desktop visits.
                  > >
                  > >Regards,
                  > >
                  > >Rusty

                  Lamar Morris
                  Phone: 972-927-7169
                  Pager: 888-938-3188
                  Texas Instruments Inc.
                  Dallas East Computer Engineering

                • Norm
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 1, 2000
                    Rusty,
                    Your program sounds like a real time saver, I would be intrested in it too, if you do not mind
                    Norm
                  • Rusty Mullin
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 1, 2000
                      Hi Everyone,

                      I will post the app and some instructions late today or early Saturday.
                      Sorry for the delay, I have too many fires at the moment.

                      Thanks,

                      Rusty