Re: Batch file need to delete files that are over 30 days old!

  • Laurence
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2000
      --- In batchworld@egroups.com, "Michael Eisner" <mike_e1950@h...>
      wrote:
      > PROBLEM: I have developed several programs in MS Access that need
      > be updated on a daily basis by the users using a batch file. Some
      of
      > the users are not performing the update, so the data is incorrect!
      >
      > I'm trying to make a batch file that will look in a given directory
      > (i.e., C:\Mrop), and delete all files where the "LAST"MODIFIED DATE
      &
      > TIME" are over 30 days from the computers current internal date and
      > time.
      >
      > I'm a novice in making batch files, can some one help me!

      One way to accomplish this is to xcopy with the /d (date)
      switch all files to an empty directory. This will only
      copy files the same date or newer. Delete all files in the
      original directory, then xcopy of copy all the files back
      again to the original directory. You may have to take
      file attributes into account.