Re: Running consecutive programs from batch file

  • vaf@ntl.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2000
      --- In batchworld@egroups.com, "Steve Schelske" <skschelske@a...>
      wrote:
      > Is there a way to run regedit in a "quiet" mode?
      >
      > When I run it from a bat file, I get a windows message box telling
      me
      > that the registry has been updated. I'd prefer to not get the
      > message box. Is it possible?
      >
      > tia

      definitely possible - I do it all the time - just use the s switch
      ei regedit /s c:\test.reg

      vaf

> [...]
      > > >Also, the regedit command line isn't too bad to work with, but I
      > > >can't seem to get it to actually remove the key. Any advice
      would
      > be
      > > >appreciated. I've included something along the lines of what i
      > want
      > > >to use/do.
      > > >

      > > ># copy d:\avp\. c:\avp30\.
      > > start /w c:\avp30\avpdos32.exe /-
      > > ># - need to halt here -
      > > start /w copy d:\wsock32.dll c:\windows\system\.
      > > ># - need to halt here -
      > > ># regedit /L:c:\windows\system\system.dat /D
      > >

      >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Syst
      > emBackup
      > >
      > > START /? will give you the syntax.
      > >

      > > Complete REGEDIT syntax for use in DOS mode:
      > >
      > > REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] filename1
      > > REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] /C filename2
      > > REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] /E filename3 [regpath1]
      > > REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] /D regpath2
      > >
      > > /L:system Specifies the location of the SYSTEM.DAT file.
      > > /R:user Specifies the location of the USER.DAT file.
      > > filename1 Specifies the file(s) to import into the
      registry.
      > > /C filename2 Specifies the file to create the registry from.
      > > /E filename3 Specifies the file to export the registry to.
      > > regpath1 Specifies the starting registry key to export
      > from.
      > > (Defaults to exporting the entire registry).
      > > /D regpath2 Specifies the registry key to delete.
      > >

      > > I would try
      > >
      > > regedit /D <key>
      > >
      > > and allow Windows to locate the registry files
      > > or specify both the system and user files location.
      > >
      > > I have found in the past that regedit will accept incorrect
      syntax
      > without
      > > generating an error message.
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > Mic
      > >

      > > >The registry key doesn't seem to get blown out, but the command
      > > >executes without error prompt, so I'm guess my key is wrong. As
      > you
      > > >can see, this is to help automate the scan/cure of a virus that
      > some
      > > >remote clients have caught. Ideally I'd like to take it out of
      > their
      > > >hands completely and just let the .bat files take care of
      > > >everything. I would also like to add a search to this in which
      it
      > > >would look for some of the virus specific files with some
      > wildcards
      > > >thrown in just in case the scanner fails for some reason,
      (dir /s
      > > >mtx_.*, ie_pack.*, win32.*, *.av?, both hidden and visible). If
      > they
      > > >do exist, prompt the user to notify IT. Also does anyone know
      if
      > you
      > > >have to specify the key value to delete in addition to the

    • Alexander_B._Frog
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2000
        Hello Michael,

        вторник, 3 октября 2000 г., you wrote:

        MM> Complete REGEDIT syntax for use in DOS mode:

        MM> REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] filename1
        MM> REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] /C filename2
        MM> REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] /E filename3 [regpath1]
        MM> REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] /D regpath2

        Where I can find such COMPLETE command line syntaxes for several
        utilities & applications like regedit, dialer, WINDOWS EXPLORER,
        MS Word, etc. ?? I try to find it by search sites in Internet, but
        didn`t get any results... :-(

        Best regards,
        Alexander_B._Frog mailto:vux@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 6, 2000
          On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:14:24 +0600
          Subject: Re[2]: [BATCH WORLD] Running consecutive programs from batch file
          "Alexander_B._Frog" <vux@...> wrote:

          Hi Alexander.

          >MM> Complete REGEDIT syntax for use in DOS mode:
          >
          >MM> REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] filename1
          >MM> REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] /C filename2
          >MM> REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] /E filename3 [regpath1]
          >MM> REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] /D regpath2
          >
          > Where I can find such COMPLETE command line syntaxes for several
          >utilities & applications like regedit, dialer, WINDOWS EXPLORER,
          >MS Word, etc. ?? I try to find it by search sites in Internet, but
          >didn`t get any results... :-(

          I find useful things such as the above in magazines, from Usenet, and inside
          the utilities concerned - if you view Regedit.exe with a word processor/text
          viewer, for example, you'll find the text above close to the start.

          I don't seem to have any info on the others you mention.

          Regards
          Mic
        • untg@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 12, 2001
            --- In batchworld@y..., Michael Marquart <micm@m...> wrote:
            > On Wed, 04 Oct 2000 17:19:21 -0000
            > Subject: [BATCH WORLD] Re: Running consecutive programs from batch
            file
            > "Steve Schelske" <skschelske@a...> wrote:
            >
            > >Let me clarify. I'm executing a .reg file within a bat file when
            > >get the windows message.
            > >
            > >for example
            > >some bat commands
            > >.
            > >.
            > >x:\update.reg
            >
            > Have you tried
            >
            > regedit x:\update.reg
            >
            > or
            >
            > regedit x:\update.reg>nul
            >

            > Regards
            > Mic

            Hey, if you wanted to try and be really smart you could add
            an enter character (in a hex editor) wherever you need it!