Run Once

  • g_m_s
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2003
      Can anyone point me to resources about writing "run once"
      batches/scripts. By this, I mean a batch/script which will run on the
      next reboot of a pc *only*.

      My particular need is to create batches/scripts to run on Win2000
      Servers which contain this command:

      Net Send * %variable%
    • Raz Goren
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2003
        Run a batch file that will add a line to the registry run once or run
        section :
        The batch file that adds a registry key would look like :

        start /w regedit /s d:\rescue\HWinst.reg

        The reg file will look like :

        REGEDIT4

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
        "HWinst"="d:\\rescue\\HWinst.bat"

        When the machine starts it will run the specified batch file .

        In this case it will run every time you start the machine
        If instead of "Run" you will put use "RunOnce" , the key will disappear the
        next time .

        Raz

        Message 3 of 3 , May 12, 2003
          On Mon, 12 May 2003 18:46:40 -0000, "g_m_s"
          <gray.strickland@...> wrote:

          >Can anyone point me to resources about writing "run once"
          >batches/scripts. By this, I mean a batch/script which will run on the
          >next reboot of a pc *only*.
          >
          >My particular need is to create batches/scripts to run on Win2000
          >Servers which contain this command:
          >
          > Net Send * %variable%

          As this is a batch group, why not do it in batch.

          This is runonce.bat

          @echo off
          Net Send * %variable%
          echo del runonce.bat>temp.bat
          temp.bat

          For a windows method there is a runonce registry key of some description.