Finding files not accessed for 6 months

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2002
      In future please start another thread, rather than replying willy nilly.

      On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:34:42 -0500, "MCALPINE, TYREE [AG/1000]"
      <tyree.mcalpine@...> wrote:

      >My concern now is there a script which I can run locally on each file server
      >to return to me files which havent been accessed in this 6 month period, and
      >then exported with the entire path name to a txt file. I understand that
      >there are utilities that can be purchased to do this, however, from a cost
      >prespective I am trying to automate process with a budget of $0.000.
      >
      >Can anyone assist?

      This command will start you along that path by providing the file list,
      separated by directory, and including the last access date of each file.

      dir \*.* /ta /s /a-d |find ":">c:\accesslist.txt

      How this file is parsed depends on which tools you are permitted to use.
      I'd parse it in a HLL such as scripted Qbasic so that each line begins with
      YYYYMMDD and includes the PATH and filename, then pass that through sort
      and the resulting file would be simple to edit for your desired filelist.