8071Re: [BATCH WORLD] Grabbing first 4 characters from a variable

  • Parag P. Doke
    Apr 15, 2009
      My attempt:

      set MyVar1=ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOset MyVar2=%MyVar1:~0,4%
      echo %MyVar2%

      See the output of "set /?" for reference.

      Regards,
      Parag P. Doke
      http://paragpdoke.blogspot.com
      Save paper, save trees. Do not print emails/documents unless absolutely
      necessary.