Re: [basketball-coaching] Policies

  • CoachLok
    Message 1 of 9 , May 13, 2007
      Policies are great, but I like Larry Browns old adage of, "
      ...having a few rules...but a helluva lotta suggesstions."

      I feel pretty strongly that whatever policies are put into place
      that they should be consistent with those in place for other
      co-curricular activities such as band, cheerleading, debate, drama,
      etc.

      Remember that kids might miss class for doctors, dentists, or
      physical therapy appointments, field trips, funerals, or visiting
      Aunt Dottie in the hospital. Where do you draw the line?

      --- philip russell <russhoops@...> wrote:

      > We are trying to establish some policies at our High School, for
      > attendance. Currently we have left attendance problems with our
      > coaching staffs, but now our administration wants to get involved
      > and established some hard and fast rules. I was wondering if any
      > of the coaches on line have any requirement policies that we might
      > consider? How many unexcused absences, how many tardies? Can you
      > miss class at all on game days, etc.
      >
      > Phil Russell
      > Ogden High School
      > Girls Basketball
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on
      > Yahoo! TV.

      Ray Lokar http://www.basketball4all.net
      Basketball Coaching Education Coordinator
      Amateur Athletic Foundation http://www.aafla.org
      Positive Coaching Alliance Mentor Coach & SoCal Area Coordinator
      http://www.positivecoach.org
      Editor - Basketball-tips.com http://www.basketball.lifetips.com
      Business Development Consultant/USA Western Region
      ACE IntelliGym http://www.ace4sports.com
      Owner- Sports'n'Stuff http://www.sprtsnstff.homestead.com
      Head Coach of the 2002 CIF-SS Basketball Champions
      Bishop Amat Memorial High School
      Past-President Southern California Basketball Coaches Association

      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.