Re: [basketball-coaching] 9-10 YEAR CLOSED PRACTICES

  • J. Israel
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 31, 2006
      Personally, I would request the parents not attend for the simple fact that parents are a distraction. Parents will sometimes get emotionally involved and view certain situations as their child being "picked on" or "being too hard on their child". Parents often time make it hard on coaches by jumping to conclusions and challenging the coaches style. It could cr a situation where this has happened. I agree with talking to the coach and keeping an open mind. As a coach an irate parent is the worse to deal with and make you. Question why you are doing this period. Just my two cents.
      Socrates
      J. Israel Greene
      Greenetree Productions
      310-467-2721

      *************************************
      Message Approved By Group Moderator
      Michael Wells
      www.coachwells.com
      www.coachwellsebooks.com

      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 6 10:18 AM
        Closed practices for 9 and 10 year old?  That is the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard!

        Message Approved By Group Moderator
        Michael Wells
        Coach Wells Coaching Web Page
        Coach Wells Basketball Coaching Ebooks
        Basketball Coaching Tip of the Day – April 6, 2006