[basketball-coaching] 1-3-1 defense

  • Anfinn Siwallace
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 12, 1999
      I've been coaching for a number of years now and I am coaching a high
      school basketball team for the first time. The teams I face have very
      good three point shooters and use it to their advantage. I would like
      some information on the 1-3-1 defense or a man to man defense which will
      put a damper on this. Please help! Information on man to man and the
      1-3-1 defenses needed badly.

      Coach Siwallace

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/basketball-coaching
    • scarlet jones
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 20, 2002
        Dear Coaches,
        I am looking for a video that breaks down the
        1-3-1 defense. I am also looking for one that
        demonstrates a 4 out 1 in motion offense.

        Thanks,
        Scarlet Jones

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • tpyardis
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29, 2002
          Good luck! I switched to a 1-3-1 years ago, and I still have yet to
          find a good video or book. There are some good web resources,
          though, just do a search. It's a great defense if you can get the
          kids to play it right - takes longer to learn than a 2-3, but much
          more effective!

          Todd
        • brian wells
          Message 4 of 5 , May 30, 2003
            Hello again,

            Sorry for any confusion,

            My original question was in reference to a base 1-3-1
            defense not a trapping defense.

            Best regards
            Brian Wells
          • Sars300@aol.com