Game 4 of Finals Pitt@Artic

  • carr_ron
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
      Sorry for the delay. I've been running up against some work deadlines.

      The Artic Sled Dawgs hope to even the series at 2 a piece tonight,
      but you can see that the playoffs are taking a toll on the players.
      The fans are all hyped and are still cheering for the cinderella team
      to pull off the upset....We'll see how tonight's game turns out.

      Period 1 -

      Starts off with a bang. First card of the game and Hossa is sent to
      the penalty box. Two cards later and we have Artic up on top 1 to 0
      on a Rebound shot by Boucher on the power play. Semin gets the sole
      assist.

      Pittsburg answers right back on the next card. Drury throws down an
      inside shot past Backstrom to even the score at 1 a piece. Assists
      go to Kvalchuk and Jackman.

      The rest of the period continues to be rough and lively.

      Card 11 - Artic's Ohlund gets a 2 minute minor.
      Pittsburgh's power play#1 leaves something to be desired as they get
      NO shots on goal.

      Card 15 Pitt's Hunter is sent to the box.
      Artic's power Play#2 has four shot attempts three coming from
      Lehtinen. But Kipursoff has no trouble stopping the assault. Only
      one GR was needed and that was an easy stop.

      Card 21 Artic's Brylin goes to the box for high sticking.
      Pitt's power play #2 shows a little more action, but Malkin's
      penetration shot is turned away as was Jagr's insider.

      Card 28 Pitt's turn in the box. Malkin 2 minutes for tripping.
      Pitt's pk team also begins to tighten up allowing only two shots from
      Artic's power play#3. Nylander denied on an inside shot as was
      Ellias' rebounder.

      At the end of period one this game is deadlocked at 1 to 1.

      Period Shot Summary: Pitts 9 shots; Artic 14
      Power Plays: Pitt is 0 for 2 with 2 shots
      Artic is 1 for 3 with 7 of its 14 shots coming
      the power plays.

      Period 2:

      Deja Vu. Card one and Hossa is in the box again. However,
      Pittsburgh's penalty kill teams have gained their defensive attitude
      after giving up that first pk goal. Pittsburgh allows only two shots
      with only one being of any real threat (GR). The Sled Dawg's fourth
      power play nets a big goose egg.

      Turnaround... Card 4 and JP Dumont is called for holding.
      Pittsburgh's third power play ends the same as it's second. Two
      Shots with no results. Hossa and Drury could not connect.

      Card 7... As JP Dumont breaks from the penatly box he finds himself
      behind the Pittsburgh Defense just in the midst of a line change from
      the power play. Nylander hits Dumont with a 2/3 rink pass in full
      stride. The breakaway ends with the puck in the back of the net and
      Kipursoff lookin awfully disgusted at his defense. Artic 2 & Pitts 1.

      Second Shift Comes alive.....

      The hornet's second shift of Hunter Madden and Clark crank up the
      intensity 10 fold.

      Card 9 - Clark penetrates against Elias and puts the puck in the
      net just under Backstroms blocker glove. This game is tied up a 2 a
      piece. Madden earns the sole assist.

      The Hornets keep the intensity up during the shift registering 4 more
      shots.
      Weber outside shot resulting in at GR with a FO save.
      Hunter almost scores on an inside G 1-12 but rolls a 20. FO
      Hamhuis even gets into the action - outsider result in XDLW
      But its Clark with his second shot of the shift on another
      penetration on Elias that connects for another goal!!! Assists to
      Madden and Weber.

      Pittsburgh now leads 3 to 2. The momentum has shifted and the Sled
      Dawgs are displaying their frustration.

      Card 17 Souray gets a 2 minute minor for the Dawgs. Pittsburgh's
      fourth power play still does little. Backstrom easily stops two shot
      attempts one from Malkin the other from Jagr.

      Card 23 Ohlund goes to the box for the Dawgs. Pittsburgh's fifth
      power play is again stymied with only one shot on goal.

      Pittsburgh layed some four shots on Backstrom during the last shift.
      One from Malkin went of the pipes Malkin inside result G 1-8 and
      rolls a 15.

      Second Period Ends. The score Pitts 3 and Artic 2.

      Shot Summary: Pittsburgh 15 and Artic 8
      Power Play Summary: Pittsburgh 0 for 3 with five shots.
      Artic 0 for 1 with 2 shots.

      Period 3 - Artic down by a goal. Desperation time. How will they
      handle the pressure? Like a egg stepped on by an elephant.

      Things go horrible wrong and only spiral down for the Sled Dawgs.

      Card 2 Boucher heads to the box on a high stick call. Pittsburgh
      finally comes through on the power play (Sixth so far). Shanahan
      penetrates and lays in a G+ 1-8 rolling a 4. Power Play Goal.
      Rolston and Malkin assist.

      Score: Pittsburgh 4 and Artic 2

      Down two the Dawgs begin to press. Card 9 finds Rolston shooting
      from inside on Backstrom. Result is rebound.. Roston picks up his
      own rebound and plants it in the back of the net. Goal! The Hornets
      now have a commanding lead.

      Score: Pittsburgh 5 and Artic 2

      The desperate Dawgs commit another penalty. Card 14 Lehtinen for
      tripping. Card 16...The Seventh power play has Pittsburgh going up on
      Artic 6 to 2 on a rebound shot by Vanek. Assists Drury and Weber.
      The Dawgs are toast ladies and gents

      Score: Pittsburgh 6 Artic 2.

      One last frustration...Just to make it an even number Boucher adds
      the eigth penalty for the Sled Dawgs as time expires on Card 30.
      Thank goodness Pittsburgh didn't have a chance to put its power play
      team back on the ice.

      Third Period shot summary: Pittsburgh 11 and Artic 10
      Power Play Summary: Pitt 2 for 3 and the third was on the last card!
      Artic 0 for 1.

      Final Result Pittsburgh 6 and Artic 2. Well fans.... We are going
      back to Pittsburgh for game five, but things are looking very dark
      now for the Sled Dawgs. Pittsburgh holds a commanding 3 games to 1
      lead in this series and their home crowd will be out for the kill in
      their arena. Will Pittsburgh see the cup hoisted at home? Odds are
      very good.....
    • wfflchampsx5
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2008
        Just an awesome job on this and the other writeups.. feels like I'm
        watching this series...

        I'm not giving up hope...

        Go Dawgs!!!

        Arooo!!

        --- In bash-som@yahoogroups.com, "carr_ron" <carr_nieto@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > One last frustration...Just to make it an even number Boucher adds
        > the eigth penalty for the Sled Dawgs as time expires on Card 30.
        > Thank goodness Pittsburgh didn't have a chance to put its power
        play
        > team back on the ice.
        >

        > Third Period shot summary: Pittsburgh 11 and Artic 10
        > Power Play Summary: Pitt 2 for 3 and the third was on the last
        card!
        > Artic 0 for 1.
        >

        > Final Result Pittsburgh 6 and Artic 2. Well fans.... We are
        going
        > back to Pittsburgh for game five, but things are looking very dark
        > now for the Sled Dawgs. Pittsburgh holds a commanding 3 games to 1
        > lead in this series and their home crowd will be out for the kill
        in
        > their arena. Will Pittsburgh see the cup hoisted at home? Odds are

      • Chris Shaffer
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2008
          1 win away!!!!!