Fellow BASHers, when listing your "shot any player" instructions

  • moonlightgrm
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1 5:17 AM
      on your road orders, be sure to include your 4-rated defensemen. They
      must be included in your rotation of shooters. Some memebers are
      listing their lines without regard to their defense pairings.

      Also, two of my students did an extended test on the pulling the
      goalie chart over the weekend. They used the PP units and PK units of
      the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Detroit Red Wings (2006-2007) {For no
      other reason then they are fans of those clubs}. On the "2 or below"
      column they got 46 empty net goals in 200 chances (23%) and 12 goals
      with the extra attacker (6%). On the "5 to 3" column they got 36
      empty net goals in 200 chances (18%)and 14 goals with the extra
      attacker (7%). On the 8 to 6 column they got 27 empty net goals in
      200 chances (13.5%) and 18 goals with the extra attacker (9%).
      Finally, on the 9 or above column they got 28 empty net goals in 200
      chances (14%) and 23 goals with the extra attacker (11.5%). Empty net
      goals would be greatly reduced by eliminating the X-REB, found on
      dice rolls of 8, as goals. Maybe too much of a reduction. Or perhaps
      we should eliminate the "+ ratings" as goals.
      A better solution might be to rework the column headings because the
      6-8 column and the 9 or above column gave pretty good results on
      this "small" sample. Overall, the results aren't too bad.
      ~JC
    • Chris Shaffer
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1 5:43 AM
        JC is right..If you have a 4 on Defense,they have to be used in your shot rotation over a 3 rated forward..Once all the sheets are in,I will look over them to check for that..Regarding your chart,I will look it over this week and give my thoughts..That's awfully cool that your students are able to do that

        moonlightgrm <cirillofam@...> wrote:
[...]

        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

      • moonlightgrm
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1 7:01 AM
          Chris, I started the Strat-O club during the 1980-81 school year and
          every year there's a core group of students that "live for Strat-O".
          Hockey and Baseball flourish at our school with basketball and
          football getting occasional interest. The best thing about the club
          is "cool" kids and "nerds" interact through their love of sports.
          Some of our schools best athletes, most popular kids, top students,
          nerds and geeks have become good friends through Strat-O-Matic Gaming.
          The students realize that as long as they maintain their grades, they
          may participate in the club. Incidently, we've had 2 female students
          participate in the Strat-O club (Hartford Whaler fans circa 1994).
          ~JC

          --- In bash-som@yahoogroups.com, Chris Shaffer <Alliance255@...>