SH and SF errata

  • Shane McCarthy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2013
      I must begin by apologizing to anyone whose time was wasted by my previous
      posting which was rife with errors.  I checked the web pages I had listed
      and saw that none reflected the values in Mike's SH-SF-GDP table.  I
      checked what I had posted and realized the errors in my reporting were
      probably the culprit.  Below is a more accurate report of the
      discrepancies.  The SH and SF values in the following table are from Mike's
      SH-SF-GDP.xls.

      Year   retroID  TEAM      SH    SF   web address showing different value
      1973  linzf101  MIL           2     3     http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1973/UPMIL01973.htm
      1985  barkl001  ATL         3     2     http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1985/UPATL01985.htm
      1985  campr001  ATL       5     3     http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1985/UPATL01985.htm
      1985  smitz001  ATL      17     1     http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1985/UPATL01985.htm
      1991  castt001  NYN        2     1     http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1991/UPNYN01991.htm
      1995  grosk001  TEX        6     7     http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1995/UPTEX01995.htm
      2010  petta001  NYA        7     5     http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/2010/UNYA02010.htm

      Previously the final two rows had the incorrect counts for SH.  I have
      added the team because in 1991 castt001 played for both ATL and NYN.

      I suspect this is a topic to be posted on RetroList or RetroSQL but because it started here I have posted here.

    • Mike Emeigh
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2013

        On 12/11/2013 8:42 AM, Shane McCarthy wrote:

[...]

        From what I can tell, all of these are incorrect on the Retrosheet totals page. I checked all but Smith's, and (1) the latest version of the event files, and the daily charts on the Retrosheet page match what I posted earlier, (2) where I could check box scores in the Sporting News, the numbers matched to what I posted earlier, and (3) the corresponding batter totals for batters that might have been affected match what appears in the dailies and on the Retrosheet totals page for those batters (in cases where I reported more SH than appear on the Retrosheet totals page for the pitchers).
        --
        Mike Emeigh
        MWE55inNC@...