Minor error (Re: 2012 Database available)

  • mirv
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28 2:52 PM
      I notice that there is no attendance data for 2010 in the Teams table. This has been the case ever since stats were released after the 2010 season. (Does anyone know where to get the correct data?)

      And a minor problem: there are two players in the Master table with the same playerID "baezda01". The second one should be "baezjo01"

      459,baezda01,,,1977,9,10,Cuba,,Pinar Del Rio,,,,,,,Danys,Baez,,Denis (Gonzalez),,225,75,R,R,5/13/2001,,,baezda01,baezda01,baezd001,baezda01,baezda01

      460,baezda01,,,1953,12,31,D.R.,,San Cristobal,,,,,,,Jose,Baez,born Jose Antonio Mota (Baez),Jose Antonio,,160,68,R,R,4/6/1977,6/6/1978,,baezjo01,baezjo01,baezj101,baezjo01,baezjo01

      Is this in fact the right place to report such errors?

      Thanks

      Mark

      --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dsreyn" <dreynolds@...> wrote:

      > In AwardsPlayers, this line is wrong:
      >
      > cabremi01,Triple Crown,2012,NL,,
      >
      > The league should be AL, not NL.
      >
      > Doug
      >
      > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Sean Lahman <seanlahman@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Friends,
      > >
      > > I posted the update yesterday, available at the link below. I added the
      > > 2013 HOF voting results (as exciting as they were) and some new additions
      > > to the awards tables. (I added all of the TSN awards and the Baseball
      > > Magazine all-star teams).
      > >
      > > Thanks to Kevin Johnson for his help with the awards data, and to Hans Van
      > > Slooten for building the SQL version of the database. And to all of you
      > > who helped hit the beta version hard to find bugs. And special thanks to
      > > Ted Turocy for bringing the considerable weight of his Chadwick Bureau to
      > > bear on the task of maintaining this database.
      > >
      > > Also, for folks whose interests extend beyond baseball, there's a sneak
      > > preview of some open source databases for other sports...
      > >
      > > http://www.seanlahman.com/2013/01/2012-baseball-database-available/
      > >
      > > --Sean
      > >
      > > ---
      > > Sean Lahman
      > > http://seanlahman.com

    • John Rickert
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 28 6:17 PM
        I needed to add the correct data for my statistics class, so here's a copy of the relevant lines -

        2010,AL,BAL,1733019
        2010,AL,BOS,3046445
        2010,AL,CHA,2194378
        2010,AL,CLE,1391644
        2010,AL,DET,2461237
        2010,AL,KCA,1615327
        2010,AL,LAA,3250814
        2010,AL,MIN,3223640
        2010,AL,NYA,3765807
        2010,AL,OAK,1418391
        2010,AL,SEA,2085630
        2010,AL,TBA,1864999
        2010,AL,TEX,2505171
        2010,AL,TOR,1495482
        2010,NL,ARI,2056697
        2010,NL,ATL,2510119
        2010,NL,CHN,3062973
        2010,NL,CIN,2060550
        2010,NL,COL,2875245
        2010,NL,FLO,1524894
        2010,NL,HOU,2331490
        2010,NL,LAN,3562320
        2010,NL,MIL,2776531
        2010,NL,NYN,2559738
        2010,NL,PHI,3777322
        2010,NL,PIT,1613399
        2010,NL,SDN,2131774
        2010,NL,SFN,3037443
        2010,NL,SLN,3301218
        2010,NL,WAS,1828066

        On Apr 28, 2013, at 5:52 PM, mirv wrote:

        I notice that there is no attendance data for 2010 in the Teams table. This has been the case ever since stats were released after the 2010 season. (Does anyone know where to get the correct data?)

        And a minor problem: there are two players in the Master table with the same playerID "baezda01". The second one should be "baezjo01"

        459,baezda01,,,1977,9,10,Cuba,,Pinar Del Rio,,,,,,,Danys,Baez,,Denis (Gonzalez),,225,75,R,R,5/13/2001,,,baezda01,baezda01,baezd001,baezda01,baezda01

        460,baezda01,,,1953,12,31,D.R.,,San Cristobal,,,,,,,Jose,Baez,born Jose Antonio Mota (Baez),Jose Antonio,,160,68,R,R,4/6/1977,6/6/1978,,baezjo01,baezjo01,baezj101,baezjo01,baezjo01

        Is this in fact the right place to report such errors?

        Thanks

        Mark

        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "dsreyn" <dreynolds@...> wrote:

        > In AwardsPlayers, this line is wrong:
        >
        > cabremi01,Triple Crown,2012,NL,,
        >
        > The league should be AL, not NL.
        >
        > Doug
        >
        > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Sean Lahman <seanlahman@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Friends,
        > >
        > > I posted the update yesterday, available at the link below. I added the
        > > 2013 HOF voting results (as exciting as they were) and some new additions
        > > to the awards tables. (I added all of the TSN awards and the Baseball
        > > Magazine all-star teams).
        > >
        > > Thanks to Kevin Johnson for his help with the awards data, and to Hans Van
        > > Slooten for building the SQL version of the database. And to all of you
        > > who helped hit the beta version hard to find bugs. And special thanks to
        > > Ted Turocy for bringing the considerable weight of his Chadwick Bureau to
        > > bear on the task of maintaining this database.
        > >
        > > Also, for folks whose interests extend beyond baseball, there's a sneak
        > > preview of some open source databases for other sports...
        > >
        > > http://www.seanlahman.com/2013/01/2012-baseball-database-available/
        > >
        > > --Sean
        > >
        > > ---
        > > Sean Lahman
        > > http://seanlahman.com

      • Clay Dreslough
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 28 6:48 PM
        • 1 Attachment
        • 518 KB
        On 4/28/2013 5:52 PM, mirv wrote:
        > I notice that there is no attendance data for 2010 in the Teams table.
        > This has been the case ever since stats were released after the 2010
        > season. (Does anyone know where to get the correct data?)

        Attached is a CSV version of the Teams file, including 2010 attendance data.

        Clay
      • Chris Lambrou
        Message 4 of 8 , Apr 29 6:26 AM
          While we are on the subject - has anyone attempted to research attendance records from 1871-1915?

          -Chris