Re: MLB Stats

  • mirv
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2013
      Cool. I have an iPhone app that I keep updating every year. It's "Baseball Statistics 2013 Edition". Cost is $2.99. The app uses the Lahman data and also a tiny bit of Retrosheet data. If anyone here would like a promo code to try it out for free, send me a note (to mak(a)bgp.nu). One warning - there is a crash that only happens for iPhone 3GS users, so if you have that device please wait for an update before buying it.

      -Mark

      --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "bonzai543" <bonzai543@...> wrote:

      > I just wanted to let everybody know that I created an Android app with most of the data from the Lahman MLB database. It's a free app and can be found at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mlbb.stats
      >
      > Suggestions and comments are welcome.
      > I have had the data in an Access database for years and decided too convert it over to an app on my smartphone.
      >
      > Steve Johnson

    • David
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 9, 2013

        If the app keeps all data on the device, and does not need or use an internet connection, how does it maintain current year stats?

        David

        --
        dkeeney@...
        Rdbhost -> SQL databases as a webservice [www.rdbhost.com]
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2013
          Speaking for my (iPhone) app, it doesn't do current year stats. I'd like to do that but I have not found a data source that is affordable. Users can just go to web sites, or use the MLB app for that anyway. The unique thing is the historical stats.

          Mark

          --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, David <dvkeeney@...> wrote:

          > If the app keeps all data on the device, and does not need or use an
          > internet connection, how does it maintain current year stats?
          >
          > David
          >
          > --
          > dkeeney@...
          > Rdbhost -> SQL databases as a webservice [www.rdbhost.com]

        • bonzai543
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 9, 2013
            David,
            Currently I am updating the current year stats via an app update, which also updates the database. I guess technically that is using the internet, but what I meant is the app does not have to connect to a web site to gather the data. I hope to have the current year update a little more refined, and that IS going to need the internet.

            Steve

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 9, 2013