MLB Stats

  • bonzai543
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2013
      I just wanted to let everybody know that I created an Android app with most of the data from the Lahman MLB database. It's a free app and can be found at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mlbb.stats

      Suggestions and comments are welcome.
      I have had the data in an Access database for years and decided too convert it over to an app on my smartphone.

      Steve Johnson
    • mirv
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2013
        Cool. I have an iPhone app that I keep updating every year. It's "Baseball Statistics 2013 Edition". Cost is $2.99. The app uses the Lahman data and also a tiny bit of Retrosheet data. If anyone here would like a promo code to try it out for free, send me a note (to mak(a)bgp.nu). One warning - there is a crash that only happens for iPhone 3GS users, so if you have that device please wait for an update before buying it.

        -Mark

        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "bonzai543" <bonzai543@...> wrote:

        > I just wanted to let everybody know that I created an Android app with most of the data from the Lahman MLB database. It's a free app and can be found at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mlbb.stats
        >
        > Suggestions and comments are welcome.
        > I have had the data in an Access database for years and decided too convert it over to an app on my smartphone.
        >
        > Steve Johnson

      • David
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2013

          If the app keeps all data on the device, and does not need or use an internet connection, how does it maintain current year stats?

          David

          --
          dkeeney@...
          Rdbhost -> SQL databases as a webservice [www.rdbhost.com]
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 9, 2013
            Speaking for my (iPhone) app, it doesn't do current year stats. I'd like to do that but I have not found a data source that is affordable. Users can just go to web sites, or use the MLB app for that anyway. The unique thing is the historical stats.

            Mark

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 9, 2013
              David,
              Currently I am updating the current year stats via an app update, which also updates the database. I guess technically that is using the internet, but what I meant is the app does not have to connect to a web site to gather the data. I hope to have the current year update a little more refined, and that IS going to need the internet.

              Steve

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 9, 2013